gthunder

Max Mat Size SCALP4

Upgraded from scal3 to scalp4 now I have a maximum mat size of 72" in length. I need to be able to make templates significantly longer than this and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it unlimited like it was before?

Sorry I just figured it out so simple. Apparently I didn't buy the pro version, which extends the mat size beyond 72". :mellow:

the pro version is much better. Im running Ai with scalps4pro upgraded from 3pro 2 years ago.  .What you have to consider is what your cutter can handle for memory if your doing long cuts and the size of the design if im correct.

4 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

What you have to consider is what your cutter can handle for memory if your doing long cuts and the size of the design if im correct.

That's a great point Primal. Just because your upgrade your software to cut longer does not mean your cutter can do it. Many of the budget models are severely limited in memory and may have issues with really large jobs. Not only long but larger file sizes. I can't remember if SCALP4 has a spooler to help out with that or not or if it works. Not sure what cutter you are running but many of the lower end machines are most friendly with 36" max and about 3/4" or larger lettering. Not saying they won't do more than that but you will have best results without spending a lot of time trying to fine tune a steam engine if you work in that range. I think some indication of the recommended length of cut etc. is indicated on the website. Tracking on long cuts will also be a real fun thing. If you are running a Graphtec ignore the previous comments.  I think the servo Titan's are pretty capable as well. The rest, well they will help you develop your operator skills. I ran a budget cutter for 2-1/2 years and did some pretty big and complicated stuff so it CAN be done if you dial in perfectly and sometimes learn how to cheat.