mchldelf

HELP!! Having issues cutting heat transfer vinyl

key points - sharp blade, least amount of blade exposure possible for less drag  -  I don't even change the force for my HTV - same settings and blades - I only use 2 rollers for anything from a 4" piece to a 20x15 ft roll.  I run those 2 rollers as close to the outside edges as possible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 91_Designs said:

It wasn’t cutting through at all. After each test run it cut perfectly but when running a job it would drag my htv and f’d up the whole sheet. So my only alternative was to use the sticky mat (adjusted the force) and now i can basically use the htv almost from edge to edge. Still have to precut sheets no longer than 12-13 inches, so continuous cuts are out but little to no wasted vinyl 

I cut literally thousands of feet of HTV, I bet you have a dull blade. HTV cuts at the same pressure and everything else IF you have a fresh blade. The stretchy stuff is more touchy this way than regular non stretch. Save your old blade unless it's a cheap-o and you can still get some mileage out of it on regular sign vinyl or have it around for a back-up. 

• Like 1