Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

name the location game

51 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

ding ding ding we have a winner - st peter's basilica.  wow that was fast

It would have been faster, but I was in the other room watching tv, saw it on my tablet, and  finished a show before I came in here and answered.  LMAO!!!

Sooooooooo  did I win your Versacamm?  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It would have been faster, but I was in the other room watching tv, saw it on my tablet, and  finished a show before I came in here and answered.  LMAO!!!

Sooooooooo  did I win your Versacamm?  

dang no prizes offered except my admiration of your detective skills . . . 

now give me a couple years and the printer will be Sold -- around Stacey's retirement time or shortly before :)

ohhhh   don't admire too much..  Like we tell many folks,,     Let Me GOOGLE that for you!!!   LOL   OR in this case,, Let me reverse search that for you.....

• Like 1

Drat, I woulda' thought it was a difficult one to ID.   You been to Haifa, dakota?

Thousands of US military (Navy and Marines - US Sixth Fleet) spent shore leave there recently. From what I heard, they had a terrific time and were hosted by the Israelis like family!

This is similar to a game I've played on another site.  Over there we have to come up with the likely location the photographer was standing to take the advertising pic.

This pic has everyone stumped, including the threads "moderator".  So, anyone here happen to have seen this church in your travels?

Best we can guess today is somewhere in the southwest US.

Cal

00-1-0.jpg

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

This is similar to a game I've played on another site.  Over there we have to come up with the likely location the photographer was standing to take the advertising pic.

This pic has everyone stumped, including the threads "moderator".  So, anyone here happen to have seen this church in your travels?

Best we can guess today is somewhere in the southwest US.

Cal

00-1-0.jpg

I got nothin but a guess on this one cal - catskill mountains?

Catskill's?  

Can't say yea or nay as we don't know, but it does not look like any part of the Catskills that I have been through.

Cal

hey I threw a dart at the map

best info I can glean is commercial doors on the part of the building on the left - right resembles a church  - looks like 2 couples with a baby and a preacher.
I cut the image and reloaded it so I could image search the different distinct parts without the cars and still nothing - this is a tough one

• Like 1

Here's a couple better images. I don't know if it's the southwest. It has a chimney, and I think the house in the background does too. Plus the hills in the background are pretty green. If someone could figure out who the guy is in the stained glass, maybe the church is named after him.

73chr06b.jpg

73chr08b.jpg

• Like 1

Now those are good observations jmas.  I noticed the tree got moved between the first and second picture also!

Time to expand my search area I think...

Keep throwing darts Scott - some of us like those old A Bodies!

Cal

Newport, Rhode Island?  (car is named Newport, is it possible that's also the location?)

• Like 1

I tried cropping the image and re uploading so I could do an image search without the cars and even on just the church part and got nada - - I figured it was somewhere in new york or rhode island being a new yorker and newport pictured and the smooth hills - not jagged like the rockies -that is why I threw out the catskils

• Like 1

That style steeple is used by a lot of Nordic cultures.  We had a strong Norwegian and Swedish population where I grew up and though there weren't any churches like that in the area, I remember seeing them in pictures on their walls.  The extremely steep roof is common in those regions too, to shed snow loads.

• Like 1

Northern Illinois.  A little farm town called Seneca.  There were a lot of tiny communities nearby with Nordic type names like; Stavanger, Norway, Kinsman, etc.   I don't recall any of them actually having churches or steeples like that, though.  I saw them in pictures, books and such.

• Like 1

Thanks, I will definitely get out of the southwest rut and search around the upper midwest. 

Really appreciate it,

Cal