JuliaTN

Titan 2 carriage not moving

I have an 18 mo old Titan 2 that suddenly went berserk this afternoon. The carriage first started shuddering back and forth. I cut the power, waited a bit and then powered it back up. Now the rollers don't move and the carriage just sits even if I'm trying to manually move it with the side to side buttons. It occasionally makes a crackling noise and then goes crazy again. 

I've been on hold for tech support at US Cutter for 15 minutes now and, to be honest, their customer service has been horrendous lately so I'm not holding my breath. Anyone here have any ideas?

customer support is you best bet being you are within the 2 year warranty period and it has lifetime support for the original owner.    if they determine that it needs to be sent back you will need the original box and packaging (stickers all over box remind new owners of this) - or they might send parts you can install yourself like a mainboard or power supply.

Did you have it on a surge suppressor?

It is on a surge protector and I just moved 2 months ago and threw away the box after holding onto it for that long (of course!). 

Support finally picked up and they are going to send me a new board.

• Like 1