racinboy30

Using SB for yrs now, looking to upgrade

I've been using SB for 8 yrs now, looking to upgrade. What software do you think will be a easy learning curve to adapt to. 

I'm very proficient at SB, I probably can do stuff with it many haven't seen or done. 

Custom artwork is my thing, drawing, node edit, and modifications are a must!

it pretty much depends on what you want to spend.. Is it just design software or cutting and design.?  If cutting and design, for which vinyl cutter?   Just for Windows OS? 

There are different versions of Flexi products to use,  depends on price you want to spend..   Vinyl Master has different versions, but you would have to buy from Vinyl Master directly, so that you have those cutters on it.  Again, depends on what you want to spend.   LXI software is rebranded Flexi products with different versions. 

Why? Are you having problems? Adobe ILLUSTRATOR or Corel DRAW both are the standards of this industry. You can export designs in .eps format that SBE accepts (AI v8 or prior) -- or just crank out your artwork in FREE Inkscape.

When you buy a printer, it will likely come with dedicated RIP software that serves whatever brand printer you get.

29 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Ai rocks along with my cutter software in my own opinion.

I gotta admit, Illustrator is not for the faint-of-heart to learn. Then again, neither is Inkscape.

Racinboy should download Inkscape and see what he thinks. Won't cost him a dime, and he'll be able to ascertain how much 'learning' he's willing to do within more advanced vector graphics software than SignBlazer.

43 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

Ai rocks along with my cutter software in my own opinion.

So  a  Q130 vinyl express vinyl cutter(which is a rebranded Graphtec) sold by Signwarehouse,  is on the SCALP  vinyl cutter list?  

1 minute ago, slice&dice said:

I gotta admit, Illustrator is not for the faint-of-heart to learn. Then again, neither is Inkscape.

Racinboy should download Inkscape and see what he thinks. Won't cost him a dime, and he'll be able to ascertain how much 'learning' he's willing to do within more advanced vector graphics software than SignBlazer.

@racinboy30 Im willing to spend time and show what i know and do with it , I have helped many since i learned from here. Of course it depends on what your trying or needing to do in it . But for what i do with non printed decals its a piece of cake to learn.. Send me a pm and we can set something up.

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So  a  Q130 vinyl express vinyl cutter(which is a rebranded Graphtec)  is on the SCALP  vinyl cutter list?  

According to craftedge tech support you can send a system file of the cutter and with the cutting software they can tell you what to use.  And i just checked the support list and vinyl express cutters is in the list now.http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scalpro.html

There are different Vinyl Express.    A  Red sail is a vinyl express R series. .  which is a bottom of the barrel cutter. 

• Like 1

Q Series  Vinyl Express is like a  Graphtec FC8000-130. Chips are not the same on Q series and Graphtecs.   They do not use the same driver at all. 

• Like 1

Currently I am running VE-LXI master plus 12 - and basically the same thing is the graphtec pro studio - both are rebranded flexi pro without the rip that flexi pro has.  my Roland printer uses Versaworks so the Rip in my design computer isn't necessary.