MrJoel

What’s the button to the left of on/offline?

Just curious what that button is... I want to press it because I don’t know, but I can’t becaue I don’t know...it’s killing me not knowing!!!!!!

1 minute ago, slice&dice said:

DO NOT PRESS THAT BUTTON -- it is the self-destruct activator!!!!!

computer_self_destruct_error_by_rockerbo

I like big bangs... still tempted (no, no, no...not 80’s hair)

35 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

RTFM, MrJoel

I got nothin...nada...it’s not even highlighted or in white in the manual... confused but tempted!!! 

4E9B8717-0256-458B-A0B4-FAEBE7EC5748.png

435525FF-5D42-4D4C-AABC-A804E8C332E7.jpeg

Dammit, MrJoel, now you have me interested (up until now, it seemed you were joking around and I was responding in kind).

OK, so you are right, the actual instruction manual (.pdf online) avoids mentioning that button function. (Apologies for saying RTFM, a crude term showing the frustration of being bothered with questions so trivial that the asker could have quickly figured out the answer on their own with minimal effort, usually by reading readily-available documents).

Here is what you're gonna do ---- make a fist with your LEFT hand and slowly, ever so slowly, extend the index finger (the one next to the thumb). With this finger fully extended outwards, carefully go ahead and push the button. Not too hard, gently. What happens?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No biggie slice!  I listened to some videos while doing some cutting and turns out it is a light that indicates if you pressed the on/offline button.  It just illuminated when you press the button... I do t know why as you can clearly see if the screen says x or y or if it says speed and force... but you can push it like a button!  Weird huh?

This is just TOO FUNNY !!!  I was actually gonna guess that it's a button that changes the intensity of the blue backlight display.

I really spend too much time on this Forum. This thread sucked me in !!!  Nice going, my friend.  :P

• Haha 1