Sign in to follow this  
Chriscarp746

Sublimation

Can someone explain to me what sublimation is? I'm looking to do shirts in HTV with a heat press to start out. Is sublimation something I need a crash course in to just start out?

Thanks

In one word, it's Full-Color Printing (using special inks called Dye-Sublimation).

If you want to experiment with T-shirts, it's easy enough using a cutter and instead of regular vinyl, just substitute HTV.  So, after cutting & weeding, place the decal onto the material and the Heat Transfers the Vinyl onto the cloth.  No printing involved.

51 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

In one word, it's Full-Color Printing (using special inks called Dye-Sublimation).

If you want to experiment with T-shirts, it's easy enough using a cutter and instead of regular vinyl, just substitute HTV.  So, after cutting & weeding, place the decal onto the material and the Heat Transfers the Vinyl onto the cloth.  No printing involved.

You forgot. REVERSE IMAGE WITH HTV!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You are welcome.  Just for clarification, bikemike was referring to the cut-manager software setting when cutting (called "mirror" in my program of choice, SignBlazer)

I understand that you are just starting out ---  make sure you have plenty of room for work area. Keep it neat and tidy, as things get out of control fast if you don't. One item that's great to have is a utility tray/carrier (Sterlite makes a good one for about $6) for all the little things like knives, weeding picks, measuring tapes, 12" rulers, scissors, gooGone (citrus-based adhesive remover), masking tape, markers, etc.

1.jpg