Sign in to follow this  
Bigk_54

Material Comparison / Help

So I'm normally an Oracal guy, using 651 and 751 for almost all projects.  I recently used some 3M 180mC on a project which I found to be a great vinyl.  So my question is to you with diverse knowledge, can you help me with some thoughts and ideas of different kinds of vinyl and some drawbacks/advantages.  Thank you in advance for all the help and I'm anxious to see the reply's I get from everyone  (FYI I use an SC cutter and most of the stuff I do is truck lettering, window stickers and race car graphics) 

Oracal 751

Avery 900 Supercast

3M 180mC

3M 7125

=================

Oracal 651

Avery 700

3M 50

I wouldn't consider myself overly diverse but I do have my opinions. I occasionally buy 3M/Gerber 220 and 225 cast from a local supply house. It's expensive but comparable to Oracal 951 as near and I can tell looking though the product guide. The 220 does not weed as nice as 951 or even 751 IMO but is ok. I actually like the 225 for really small stuff due to it being on a clear synthetic liner that weeds about as good as anything I have ever used. Price point is better on Oracal products from USC website but sometimes I need a quick piece and can buy the Gerber by the yard local. Other than that I once bought a whole 15" roll of 3M calendared and absolutely hated it. Horrible to weed anything below an inch lettering so I pretty much stick to the 651 for calendared or occasionally the Greenstar for certain applications. 

• Thanks 1