MrJoel

15” Titan or Titan 3??

Ok guys, the decal business is rocking and I think it’s already time to move up from the Laserpoint 2.  My problem is that we are in a rental and I don’t have much space inside and the garage is not able to be heated as is and I’m not insulating it for the owner.  I need a 15” table top for the house.   I only do decals, single color, in reflective and chrome.  Both are on sale right now is the upgrade to the Titan 3 worth the  $150 difference?  What are your guys thoughts on a refurb regular Titan at $295???

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

Do you need ARMS?

No I don’t.  I see the downforce pressure is greater with the Titan 3 though (reflective needs it) and the servo sound level is tempting

I sold my Laserpoint 2 today and ended up going with the Titan 3 15”.  At the shop I work at for my full time job we have an old stepper motor Gerber (maybe, can’t remember off hand) and we have two huge graphtec 8600s.  It astounds me how quiet they run in comparison to the stepper unit we have there as well as in comparison to my LP2.  I have two kiddos with special needs and one has some issues with loud noises, this figured into the discussion greatly with the lovely Mrs. it has more downforce as well (all I do is reflective and chrome) and both of those need it.  The fact that the servo motors are more accurate factored in as well, I did a run of punisher skulls at .75” and the holes for the nose were not achievable with the Lp2 but were with the graphtec 8600 (I know there is a huge difference in machines there too but a lot of the accuracy is from the servo (those nose pieces were less than 1/16” wide).

I think for the current situation it is going to be a fine choice.  The one thing I did notice was a lack of videos and reviews of it.  I’ll change that!

Very wise of you, especially the silent running aspect.

Looking forward to seeing how you unpack it, set it up, and get 'er purring !!