Guest John Lipnicky

MH-MK2 NOT CUTTING OR PARTIAL CUTTING

Guest John Lipnicky

I love my software  and the  MH-MK2 30-inch plotter.

I had the machine cut some vinyl lettering,

I changed the vinyl (Oracal is all we use #651). 

All-of-a-sudden,  it would not cut.  I kept re-trying.  Nothing.

Blank.  Changed blade and depth and pressure .  Everything I tried.

Either it cut only part of the test piece, or not at all or deep cut the text piece

then nothing even if I didn't make any adjustments. 

Does ANYONE have any suggestions on what I should do or try?  

Sometimes a compute program (like Corel Draw) acts up.  If I shut it totally down

and back up, the problem goes away.  I don't know how to make this go away.

PS:  I have all new blades I recently bought from you as well as 2 knife holders.

HELP.  I've got jobs stacked up and I cannot make it work.  Thank you.

John LIpnicky, Abe Lincoln Flags & Banners Fairfax VA   703-204-1116  AbeFlags@aol.com

Recheck blade depth first, search for mz skeeter's instructions on here for the proper way to do it, they are everywhere, she post them a lot. Will probably post them here before long. :) If you're cutting too deep you have too much blade out, if the blade is set correctly, it's not possible to cut too deep.

Once that's done, double check the cutting strip, has it gotten damaged. 

Copied from Mz Skeeters comment----    

This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Guest CHASITY

I have mh-721 mk2.  I adjusted what I thought was the pressure, pressed setup then + & - ....Now my cutter will not cut.  when I send a job its says TEST with the offline and setup light blinking its does a short pass then stops.

I dont know what Ive done

I have mh-721 mk2.  I adjusted what I thought was the pressure, pressed setup then + & - ....Now my cutter will not cut.  when I send a job its says TEST with the offline and setup light blinking its does a short pass then stops.

I dont know what Ive done

Not sure either. What software are you using? 

If you sign up as a forum member you will receive quicker responses. All guest posts have to be approved by admin. 

Hello Chastity, Somehow you changed the Setup parameters. You have to backtrack and adjust that to the original factory settings.

I went to look at the user manual (.pdf) and located this notification:
"The Setup screen allows you to adjust some of the more technical settings of the cutter.
For most users, these settings should not be changed."

Ideally, the BAUD rate is at 9600, so try getting it to that point again. (left and right arrows)

If you used the Up/down arrows, then you altered the configuration from 5Vale, so return to that.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.