Bigk_54

Help cutting 3M 1080

I'm attempting to cut some 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber.  It cuts great but I can't weed it out.  Question is do I set my blade deeper or do I add more pressure.  I've never had this problem with any other material I have cut before.  I believe I have my blade set deep enough, but I know someone out there in this great us cutter nation has to have an idea.  THANK YOU!

So set the blade depth like I have posted too many times to count.  Then adjust your force. 

Start with making sure the blade depth is correct, This is the correct way to set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely  see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

And, set your blade to the carbon fiber vinyl. Probably thicker than the normal stuff. Multiple blade holders speeds up the change for different vinyl.

That stuff is thick. So ya, you need to change blade setting for it.

Thank you guys!  Skeeter before I even had my machine I had did some reading on here and your blade depth was one of the things I read a couple times, thank you very much!  I am on the right path then guys, I appreciated it, just never messed with this stuff and didn't want to be headed in the wrong direction!  :thumbsup:

Boy that was hell!  I normally cut on 70-75 pressure was up to 180 and my blade depth increased drastically!   Thanks everyone for the advice, its great having all this knowledge and get quick responses!  

Slowing the speed down also helps with that thick stuff. And a 60 blade.

Responding to Primal Decals... If you are cutting carbon fiber with 651 settings and a 45 blade than your material is definitely NOT 3m 1080.

Graphtec ce6000 - Cutting 3m 1080 carbon fiber. settings for me are : speed 5, Force 28 . Double cut and 60 degree blade