davey1903

MH871 Cutting crooked

I'm having a problem cutting jobs that are 50" long 15" tall with borders. When it feeds through the cutter from front to back it not staying straight. The border is 1/2", and at one end it's fine but as it cuts the border gets narrower. If I run this job with a pen it runs fine. It just all of a sudden started happening.

Please help!

2016-03-07 14.34.33.jpg

The MH, while a decent cutter, is the bottom of the barrel of cutters. Doing something that big the tracking is going to drift. Pulling the vinyl off the roll so that the cutter is not pulling can help but no guarantee that I'll solve the problem. Some software will let you cut in segments so that you're only feeding say 6" of vinyl at a time, this can help improve tracking but it also means that your long straight lines will be made up of several short cuts, that may not line up perfect.

If you're only problem is the long straight boarders, I'd suggest changing it so the cutter only cuts one side of the boarder then lay the vinyl out on a table and with a straight edge cut the other side of the boarder. That way, even if the tracking is off a little on the cutter you can make the boarder the same width all the way around.

I never add such borders to my signs ---  From my experience, the MH cannot do them, it's basically beyond its vinyl tracking capabilities.