Primal Decals

Material help on HTV

So i have a design that is going on a 100% poly jacket and im using siser glitter for the center design and siser stretch for the lettering around it, MY question is how would i go about pressing these on without ruining the other with different pressure and heat settings? Glitter i believe needed to be pressed at 320 for 20 secs ( im just guessing right now for example)  and siser stretch needs to be at 305 for 12-15 seconds. see image for example.Not scaled to true size.. Thank you everyone for your info.

5a0c6a5027f7c_firsttest.thumb.jpg.5635480c2de4577f8246cfe2a58edd47.jpg

Compromise, set it at *310-315 for the 20 seconds, you shouldn't have any problems, ez weed is pretty forgiving

• Thanks 1

We press a shitload of these jackets, you can even get away with *315, just lighten up on the pressure a bit also so that you don't leave a mark from your heat press.

On 11/16/2017 at 12:50 PM, mfatty500 said:

We press a shitload of these jackets, you can even get away with *315, just lighten up on the pressure a bit also so that you don't leave a mark from your heat press.

Thank you bud. I use the hotronix fusion 16x20 press. And for my heatpress this is how they break up pressure for me in numbers.   1-3 is light pressure. 4-6 is medium pressure . 7-9 is firm pressure.

And it says firm for the glitter which would be a pressure of 7 for me. and the siser stretch is med to firm which would be a 6-7 option?.

I went and re looked at the pressure settings from siser and im confused i think or just mis-reading it. But when it says  MED-FIRM , does that mean for me If 7 is the starting point for my firm pressure and 9 is my heavy firm  pressure, would 8 be my med firm ? or would it mean its medium to firm pressure like 6-7?   I havent had any issues with previous designs but now im questioning myself ?   Thank you very much Bud.

11 minutes ago, mfatty500 said:

we use a hotronix also we use around 3 so that we don't leave any marks on the jacket, hope this helps

a 3? Isnt that way way less than what it says to use?  Now im really lost lol. i got the pressure info from a video from stahls on what each category for pressure meant . Lately on my siser stretch i have been using a 6  which i understand it to be a firm med pressure per catalog info. Oh boy...

We press at lower pressure to insure no marks on the jackets, you can try a little more if you'd like but not much more for us

Just now, mfatty500 said:

We press at lower pressure to insure no marks on the jackets, you can try a little more if you'd like but not much more for us

i can understand that with the marks , but i would be worried about not having enough for it to hold? but if you say a 3  which is no where near a firm pressure then i guess i will give it a go at 3 ? its a new press also .

Thank you bud. A real life saver....I would be willing to buy some info from you on this for what pressure and material etc you use for poly -poly cotton  and so on.

I have pressed easy weed up at the higher temps. You can probably just do a quick 2 sec press on the easy weed and then do your glitter for it's normal run and be ok. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2017 at 4:20 PM, mfatty500 said:

Compromise, set it at *310-315 for the 20 seconds, you shouldn't have any problems, ez weed is pretty forgiving

@mfatty500  So luckily  i was given a spare jacket to keep to play with,they are really working with me to make sure all goes well on this ..So i used Your suggestion on the test jacket at  *310 for 20 secs @  3 pressure, and i still ended up getting a heavy press line ,not bad but its visible. Is this common or should i lower it down to 2 ? I also used a pillow press to keep the image area to be pressed raised as well but the pillow still flattened out enough to make the sqaure heat mark. The htv held perfect when peeled as usual ..Thank you.

P.s. As im writing this i am washing the jacket to see if anything changes,cause i read sometimes washing it will make it go away . not really thinking it will ,but it wont hurt i guess till i hear back from you or anyone.. Thank you again.

The only thing I can say is I have pressed the rest of the garment so it is more evenly covered and it helped. I have only had a very few issues like you are dealing with. Are you covering the whole thing with a piece of kraft paper? I have had shiny spots on 100% ploy when in direct contact with the platen that did not happen when I used some butcher paper or kraft paper in there.

You said they left you an extra which leads me to understand these are customer supplied. If these were customer supplied I would call them and back out of the job or feign that you want to and tell them there will be some press marks that you are not 100% comfortable with. Let them make the call and if there are some marks they were warned. You won't lose as much money that way. 

Yes. Customer supplied .the brand of the jackets are Augusta sportsware which i probably should of mentioned before. Rn# is 65378 with a style #4392 inside the jacket.  I already warned them in the beginning just to cover my rear..

I think you are probably worrying about it more than you should especially if you warned them. Just do it and do the best you can to keep from having to obvious of a mark and let it go. The last glitter job I did for a cheer team they came back the next time and went with something else because all the glitter came off. Or at least a lot of it did as they washed and wore them. No where near the longevity of regular htv work. The second year we went with some neon colors instead and they lasted longer in that environment. 

I don't see anything on their website that would lead me to believe they are treated. You're going to have to talk to Augusta to be sure but they look similar to others I have done from Augusta without incident. 

I have never ran across treated jackets or at least none that I know of. I have heard things that have scotchgard on them resist anything adhering but never actually been faced with that scenario. 

Thank you .I contacted Augusta and they have closed down there Tech/Info dept and design dept.All they could tell me was ,whatever is posted on the website is all they know and nothing more.They cant give anymore info than what is listed.Not even if they were coated or not.So they are basically selling something with no important info ..