Sign in to follow this  
cartierusm69

Inexpensive Printer for Vinyl

Hey peeps, been vinyl cutting for a while, but never printed on vinyl and cut it. Just bought a Titan 2 so I could in theory do contour cutting so I'd like to print some stuff.

I don't need anything large. I would think being able to print on small width vinyl would be nice, I don't know anything about printable vinyl, but imagine they come in 15", maybe 12" sizes?

I don't mind buying used as long as I can service the inkjet myself as I don't plan on using it very often. Maybe once a month.

Anything you think would work? Would I need to add a refillable reservoir for the inks?

welcome!

For practice, I would just send a design using your software to a desktop inkjet printer ( indoor - short term use of course) . I would try papilio printable paper. ( I have never tried but intrigued).

If you want outdoor longer lasting decals for cars etc, then its more expensive. Choices are Solvent, latex or thermal printers.

sounds good - - keep us posted on the results of the contour cuts.  I would like to learn more about how that machine works with contour cutting and software workflow. 

I would suggest running it a few times slowly, without the blade to see if its cutting in the right places before actually cutting