Archer

MH 721 A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

This is driving me crazy.

I am able to run SignBlazer on an old laptop and it cuts just fine but when I try to run it on my home computer that I have vinylmaster pro on I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and "A request for the USB device descriptor failed"

Vinylmaster pro it's self works fine it's just that windows won't recognize the USB and shuts it down for some reason.

Any help would be much appreciated

do you have to download the driver for that cutter? or is it already supplied by vinlmaster when installed?

2 hours ago, Archer said:

This is driving me crazy.

I am able to run SignBlazer on an old laptop and it cuts just fine but when I try to run it on my home computer that I have vinylmaster pro on I get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and "A request for the USB device descriptor failed"

Vinylmaster pro it's self works fine it's just that windows won't recognize the USB and shuts it down for some reason.

Any help would be much appreciated

Did you download the driver and install it?   Go into your computer device manager and make sure there is not a triangle error by it.   That is what that code 43 means.  The driver has an error. 

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/articles/14000030240-mh-mk2-driver-download

https://www.lifewire.com/43-errors-explained-2619238

Hey Archer, how ya doin' ??

I noticed that your first post as a member here was in 2013 (this is your second post in NEARLY HALF A DECADE).  You "cracked" the SignBlazer trial install with some scheme that was developed by mx2 at the time. It is entirely possible that's causing a problem now.

So, here's my suggestion, FWIW ---  Download and install v7 from this link, and see if it solves this issue. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Also, there's a thing called USB emulation driver (CDM20828) you might wish to explore as a solution --  

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Hello Slice

Yep it's been a while, Computer crash and life and all that. But now I'm trying to get back into the cutting thing.

My old laptop is running SignBlazer UNcracked and the cutter works fine running XP, my home tower is running Windows 8.1 with VinylMaster pro is the one that's gunking up the works.

In device manager under USB the port with the cutter has the yellow triangle if I hit the update driver button it says that the driver is up to date.

I have lots of other USB devices that I plug in and out of this computer and they all work.

And also my MH721 is an older MK1 not a MK2 if that makes a difference 

MZ SKEETER

Didn't mean to not say hello to you just too many irons in the fire. Thanks for the links I'LL look at them tonight to see if anything in there will help 

10 hours ago, Jburns said:

do you have to download the driver for that cutter? or is it already supplied by vinlmaster when installed?

Vmaster pro has the driver in it I think

Well no luck so far I deleted VM and re loaded it I tried the chip set link above  and nothing.  I tried SB on the tower machine and nothing. so now im trying to load VM on the laptop that works with signeblazer to see if that works.

I think it is a problem with my tower machine more than a problem with the cutter. Its going to be some setting that is hiding some where

Might give that a try. l got VinylMaster loaded on the laptop and it doesn’t work I’m thinking that I wasted 500 bucks I can start signblazer and it works but VM won’t connect. I’ll try getting one of those adapters 

Seeing as how you have not used this cutter for years.  Does that make your cutter just the Refine MH.  And not the Refine MHMk2   which is being sold today?   You never stated which driver you are using in VM..  The MK2   baud rate is different it is 4800. Not 9600  like the older MH cutters. 

Contact VM support about it not working on your XP

23 hours ago, Archer said:

Hello Slice, Yep it's been a while, Computer crash and life and all that. But now I'm trying to get back into the cutting thing.

In device manager under USB the port with the cutter has the yellow triangle if I hit the update driver button it says that the driver is up to date.

OK, I get what you're saying.

I am not much of an expert in Port settings, but from how you are describing this, perhaps changing (manually) the Port could help you out. I seem to recall that an MH cutter MUST utilize a USB Port designation of 4 or less.

Also, if you are running an Un-cracked version of SignBlazer, don't those start-up 'nag' screens (Trial and Registration reminders) annoy you at all?

Yep, the nag screen bugs me but if it works, for now, that's what I got. I ordered the adaptor like  MZ SKEETER suggested and will try that as soon as it shows up.

I have tried every USB port and nothing I'm going to contact the makers of vinyl master and see if they have any idea

The Signblazer version  that Slice Dice has posted  many times, does not have those nag screens.  It opens right up.  You might like it a lot better. 

You will need a null modem cable also to connect the Tripp lite to your vinyl cutter.  Hopefully you still have the cable that came with your vinyl cutter. 

I loaded it on the tower computer and it doesn't have a driver listed for my cutter, so for right now I'll have to put up with the nag screen on the laptop. I don't want to change something that's working till I get Vinyl Master up and running.

I'm hoping that adaptor you showed will work and then it's off to the races

I should have said it was the version of SigneBlazer that was posted that didn't list the cutter VM has it just won't connect to it. Yes it's the full version and I got it from UScutter

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

I should have said it was the version of SigneBlazer that was posted that didn't list the cutter VM has it just won't connect to it. Yes it's the full version and I got it from UScutter

And people are using the REDSAIL driver for the Refine vinyl cutters. In this Signblazer.   The same driver can work on many different vinyl cutters. As well as the generic  Roland PNC1000 driver. 

Ok ill try that tonight. I would like to get something to work on the tower so I could figure out if it's a hardware or software problem.

Lucky for me the jobs I took on were just simple letter jobs and I got buy with the old laptop. 

Archer, if any of what we're offering actually gets you up and running, we will feel better!

Trust me, troubleshooting like this over a Forum is not an easy proposition, since so many various things can be at fault when cutter and computer don't communicate, but I am pretty sure you're headed in the right direction.

I'm having this exact same situation out of the blue and have been troubleshooting my butt off. Came to the forums because I have a hunch a Windows update may have flubbed something up. Only reason I suggest this is because this configuration has been working, then poof... have this issue on two separate computers.

I decided to check the forums to see if anyone else has been having the same situation recently and lo and behold found this thread. 

I have a MK2 for the record. 

In device manager, it shows under USB devices Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)

Two different machines, different cables, same results. 

I've tried pointing different drivers at it with no avail, and also making sure that driver enforcement is turned off.. Not trying to hijack Archer's situation but they seem pretty similar and unique to immediately think it's a coincidence (although it may be). 

9 minutes ago, h1p1n3 said:

I'm having this exact same situation out of the blue and have been troubleshooting my butt off. Came to the forums because I have a hunch a Windows update may have flubbed something up. Only reason I suggest this is because this configuration has been working, then poof... have this issue on two separate computers.

I decided to check the forums to see if anyone else has been having the same situation recently and lo and behold found this thread. 

I have a MK2 for the record. 

In device manager, it shows under USB devices Unknown USB Device (device descriptor request failed)

Two different machines, different cables, same results. 

I've tried pointing different drivers at it with no avail, and also making sure that driver enforcement is turned off.. Not trying to hijack Archer's situation but they seem pretty similar and unique to immediately think it's a coincidence (although it may be). 

so have you tried a system restore to put your computer back to when it was operating good? 

Skeeter, while I wish I could Machine A is too critical to take offline to do a restore, Machine B had windows 10 installed on it just about 6 weeks ago so not much to roll back to. I've been doing some more digging, and even Machine B has another device (WAN MiniPort) that is an emulated device and has the same error next to it as the cutter. I am starting to lean even more towards a potential windows update screw up and putting Machine B on a factory reset and see if that helps. I'll update shortly. 

You might be surprised by the updates that can happen in 6 weeks.. If me, I would try it.. Restore that is.   Good luck with your problem...