BigHE

Cannot Cut Middle Details/Only cutting solids

I see that your using Flexisignpro 8.1  Does the software have a USB dongle, like a flash drive/thumbdrive?  And which computer operating system are you using it on?

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I see that your using Flexisignpro 8.1  Does the software have a USB dongle, like a flash drive/thumbdrive?  And which computer operating system are you using it on?

Not sure about dongle.  I'll have to look.  This is the pc that came with the cutter.  Its XP.  I bought out a bunch of stuff from a sign business that the owner was retiring and they came and set it up.  I can cut out simple things but wanted to try something more complex.  You helped me a lot with the auto sensor and graphtec controller info.  

Does your computer that your using have this or not to make Flexisignpro 8.1work?   You don't have to go looking for anything.. If that software is loading up, without it, then it is pirated/counterfeit software.  That dongle is the password for the software.  Only legal Flexisignpro has a USB dongle.  Yes, I helped you with some scaling problems and alarm problems with your Graphtec,  but not with Flexisignpro 8.1 software. 

FLEXI DONGLE.jpg

Sorry.  I should have specified.  I am not at home.  The keyboard does not have USB slot.  I'd have to pull pc out and look behind when I get home.  I am not sure what is back there.  I'd imagine its legal as I have gotten some support from the company before. 

that is plugged into  USB port on my laptop.   USB dongle for 8.1 would look similar to this one.  Installed in USB port of laptop   Here is Flexisignpro 8.5 that just sold on Ebay  and you can see the USB dongle  there in the photo,  That is how you tell if your buying legal software or not. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEXI-SIGN-PRO-8-5-the-Sign-Making-Solution-Software-USB-DONGLE-DVD-CD-CODES-/142566068657?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=F6sAEHuq3HuViyJkkeKg6ZVimIc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Got ya! Kind of moot point now though whether it has it or not.  Won't be home till later to check.  Didn't know about dongle and all that.  I know I paid "real" money for the bundle.  I bought from a business. I guess the thought never crossed my mind.  Not saying it isn't legit. I won't know till later.  I got a bill of sale so I'm not stressing it.  

I do have a dongle, so I'm guessing that's not the cause.  Not sure how that would have been causing though?  Has to be something else.  Any thoughts?

Let's see your dongle.. I showed you 2 of mine.   Counterfeit software would be hacked software. It has been messed with, It has a patch in it, so that it will load without the original USER ID and password.   Flexisignpro 8.1 is the most cracked, pirated software there is.   Next is Flexisignpro 10.5     Many times when people try and print with those pirated soft wares it will print black bands over the printed designs.  Another way to tell that it is pirated software.  Many people have stopped by the forums with pirated Flexisign pro over the years, with their problems, many different types of problems. 

We just had a guy in here not too long ago. with pirated Flexisignpro10.5. Stated he did not have a USB dongle. His software would not load any more.  It was on Windows 10.  When you accept the Microsoft windows 10 agreement, you are agreeing that if Windows 10 finds pirated software on your computer, that it can disable that pirated software. 

I have no issues cutting, or loading or anything like that.  My only issue is the one I stated in that particular situation.  I appreciate all the help.  Are we still trying to diagnose the issue?  There is a lot of windows, Flexi versions and dongle stuff in these post.  I just want confirm that some of this stuff I'm checking could potentially be the issue?  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/545heA8fFaT6Bzer1

Well after you get that design fixed for cutting... and sent to the cutter.  You check  SEND ALL COLORS>   single panel/single job.  Then you have to check  Pause between colors. (I did not see where you checked that in your video)   That allows you to change the vinyl  colors .... 

There are many people that you can pay to vectorize designs for you,.but that design is copyrighted.     That's all I can help with. 

At the top of your layout screen is HELP, click it,  many helpful tutorials there. 

Ok, your problem is not with the cutter, but the vectoring of the image. Unfortunately I have no experience with Flexi but I would guess you need to adjust some setting in the trace settings. You could also download Inkscape, it's free, and give it a try. It's vectoring abilities are really quite good and you can't beat the price.

Another option would be to recreate the image. The NFL shield should be easy enough to find and vector then just redraw the red no symbol.

23 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Well after you get that design fixed for cutting... and sent to the cutter.  You check  SEND ALL COLORS>   single panel/single job.  Then you have to check  Pause between colors. (I did not see where you checked that in your video)   That allows you to change the vinyl  colors .... 

There are many people that you can pay to vectorize designs for you,.but that design is copyrighted.     That's all I can help with. 

At the top of your layout screen is HELP, click it,  many helpful tutorials there. 

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.  

10 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Ok, your problem is not with the cutter, but the vectoring of the image. Unfortunately I have no experience with Flexi but I would guess you need to adjust some setting in the trace settings. You could also download Inkscape, it's free, and give it a try. It's vectoring abilities are really quite good and you can't beat the price.

Another option would be to recreate the image. The NFL shield should be easy enough to find and vector then just redraw the red no symbol.

I have Inkscape (I cannot remember why).  I'll give it a shot.  I can vectorize images in Illustrator using the trace feature.  Is that what your'e talking about?  So something like that I would trace (hifi photo to keep colors, expand), export as .jpg?  Save as .svg or .eps doesn't seem to work for me.  I bring into Flexi as .jpg and the trace to end up with bitmap flexi file.  I will try with Inkscape tonight.  Thanks again.

A raster image (jpg, bitmap, gif, etc) can not be cut and must be converted to a vector file first. Simply saving a file off as an SVG, EPS, etc does not mean the file is a vector. Vector file types are capable of having raster images embedded in them. If you look at your image in wireframe mode and see nothing then you have a raster image, not a vector. I'm not sure what a bitmap flexi file is. You said you traced the jpg, which should result in a vector, but the term bitmap implies a raster image. So either Flexi has some odd names for things or you've gotten a little mixed up. No worries, people new to vector images tend to have a hard time wrapping their head around it at first.