Hey All,

Looking for some help here, I have a "hand me down" plotter I'd like to hook up and it seems that Graphtec no longer has the driver for this particular plotter. I know for a fact that the plotter worked just fine before it was taken out of service in favor of a newer model. I don't have the driver disc, but I doubt that would do much good since I have such a new operating system. Graphtec told me to try installing a different driver but there isn't a version for Windows 10. Looking to see if anyone else has had this issue and what you may have done to solve it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,  I am pretty sure that you can get up and running in five minutes by downloading and running SignBlazer Elements -- it contains your Graphtec driver.

(Be sure you disable the anti-virus on your computer before attempting the download, because the installer has a little piece of non-malicious code that 'cracks' the TRIAL version of SBE and lets you operate without reminder or registrations screens at startup)

Let's hear how it works out.

Do you actually need a driver? The manual I found only shows a RS-232 connection and the plotter runs on the HP-GL protocol. So all you should need to do is set your comm port up correctly and then the software should be able to talk to it.

Just Curious--  Why the "gory"?  

And for the record, SignBlazerElements is software that's unsupported and might not be your cup of tea, but has its benefits (especially if it gets your cutter working).

If you would read the READ me TEXT on driver FC4200,   which is OPS628 driver,  you would see that your driver is the same.  plus many other  lower and higher number models. clear up to CE-6000.will work   It is a very common driver for Graphtec.  You must choose between 32 bit and 64 bit.   Many lower windows drivers also work on windows 10, This driver is stating it will work up to Windows 8,   Graphtec has not updated their info past that. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-download-fc4200

Thank you MZ Skeeter, I will definitely give that a shot, let's see if that driver is compatible with Windows 10. 

Slice & Dice, "Gregory" - split it in two and give it the ol' switch-a-roo + G and you get GoryGreg:  Gory is the pen name I use when advertising or signing my artwork. I am a tattoo artist (professionally, no kitchen wizardry here), pinstriper and I also do some logo design and sign work both hand painted and digital. I worked for 19 years in the modern sign industry primarily in vinyl graphics. 

Thank you all very much for your help. I will post after I figure out what works best.