smoovlatino

Cuts across the graphic randomly

Well I am glad we have a forum but I do not know how to get anyone to answer questions on here. I hope I have not offended anyone on here but I have a pressing order and been Asking HOW DO YOU GET PLOTTER TO CUT LETTERS? I can cut one decal and it cut perfect when I go to cut two it misses parts of letters and to be quite frank I am realy damn tired of waisting 50" Vinyl at $160 a roll I do wish I could get an answer or I am afraid this plotter will be sold on ebay as a used unit. This realy sucks I have to wait a week or even two to get a question answered with another question.

I can cut one decal and it cut perfect when I go to cut two it misses parts of letters and to be quite frank I am realy damn tired of waisting 50" Vinyl at $160 a roll

I got an idea, Instead of wasting the money at 160 per roll, cut only one decal at a time... Then, if you get an answer, then try to cut it again after you have adjusted the settings.

Nice thought tater I understand that and I am doing that but my Roland is cutting away if I wanted to cut one at a time I would have bought another Roland 24" probably should have customer service is alot better for sure. Guys I am not disatisfied with the plotter I know it is me and it is operator error I am sure. I just need some help and I have had a post up for sometime now with no answer yet and I see all the help on all the other post. I guess I have not payed my dues yet LOL. But it is very frustrating.

Jammers, we are looking in to this issue. It seems a few other users with Corel have experienced the same thing, so we are trying the files in other programs to see where the extra cutting commands are coming from. We have sent a few files to a graphics expert to try and get to the bottom of it.

If you could attach the file you are having an issue with- just click Additional Options, then browse to the file you want to attach, we could then forward on your graphic as well.

Ken I think I figured it out!!!  At least I hope so. I was creating the image in corel X3 and sending it to signcut X2 as a vector file. You have to take the one graphic and vector it and then send to SignCutX2 then where is ask how many copies put you number in there and it should work. I knew it was me not knowing the program but like i said i have been doing this awhile now so it just takes me time thats all. it cuts one graphic at a time also it does not cut random across the page anymore it cuts the full graphic and then moves to the next. I hope this helps someone as I know it haS been a pain for me LOL.

Great news JD. We also heard back from our graphic design guru, and he said alot of times when raster images are scanned, then opened in a graphics program, like Corel, there are hidden layers that need to be deleted, or the cutter will see those layers and make random cuts all over the graphic. Please make sure you check how many layers are on your graphic before you cut it out. If there are extra layers that are not needed....Delete them to avoid random cuts.

I have has the same problem with the second and third cuts... It seems if you alwasy reopen your file you are trying to cut multiple times before cutting again, regardless if you move the carriage or not, it will cut fine, as soon as you try recutting the same file from corel it puts the line from ending point to orgin.