smoovlatino

Cuts across the graphic randomly

I've been having a very annoying, and now, angering problem.  It seems the cutter, while returning to the starting position cuts across the graphic leaving behind a crisp and clean line of death on an otherwise perfect project.  At first, I thought it was the pressure setting, however, it is not.  I cut a graphic using the same .EPS file three times.  The first cut came out perfect (no happy slash across the graphic).  Both the second and third had the cut ALL the way across the graphic (diagonal).  What could this be?? 

I think its static charge. If you turn your machine off, then back on after a minute, and cut the file it should work. Take note of the cutter position when the cut is finished. It should be up and away from the vinyl. If you advance the vinyl and then touch the origin button you will see it go down. After advancing the filim touch the screw that holds the vinyl roller in place. You will probably notice a static discharge.

That is what I found was hapenning to me on my 721. Good luck..........

Do you have the static discharge strap hooked up to the stand???

And if so, are you still getting the static?

On my machine I have everything grounded. I still get static from the vinyl when I feed it forward to cut it off. As long as I ground myself before touching the machine I have no problem.

Happened again just now.... I'm getting pretty frustrated as it is wasting vinyl.

Here is what I am doing if it helps diagnose the problem....

I am cutting a Coca-Cola graphic spelled out vertically on the far right side of the vinyl...

This graphic cuts perfect EVERY TIME...

I then readjust the cutter head to the middle of the vinyl and set the origin.

When it cuts the second graphic it finishes with a cut all the way across (diagonally) the finished product.

I then adjust the cutter head to the far left and cut a third graphic...

Same thing there.... cuts across the graphic as it returns to the start of the graphic.  Completely destroys an otherwise perfectly cut graphic

Help!!!

I don't understand the adjusting the head to cut the next pieces on the same vinyl?You should lay it all out to cut on that one piece.I think that's your problem.Your first piece is cutting right because you have not moved the head,but when you change the origin it's throwing the commands off.

I'm not sure how to cut multiple graphics (to utilize all vinyl space) in one process.  I'm always afraid it will go off the vinyl or be ruined completely....  do you know how to do this in SignCut?  I am trying to cut three instances of a Coca-Cola Graphic (12" long x 3" high) on 24" vinyl.  The graphics are being cut vertically to only occupy 3" lengthwise on the loaded vinyl....

I don't know what graphics program you use,but I would just duplicate the logo and place them 3 side by side,or if it were me and I had nothing else I wanted to cut I would go ahead and group up 7 to run the length of the vinyl.That way you're utilizing the vinyl and giving yourself spares to either work with or sell (If you don't mind paying heavy fines for selling a Coca Cola logo).It works the same on what ever number of different designs you want to cut.Just arrange,duplicate and group to the size of your vinyl.

If you are using Signcut PE, you can use the Rotate feature.  If you are using LE, I think you will need to rotate in your vector graphics program.

I had been cutting the #3 and I wanted 3 of them so in signcut I told it to stack them (being sure the 3 would fit) so that 3 would fit accross and somehow the vinyl God was watching over me and it worked.

Guest fivestar

I am having the exact same problem as the original poster.  I cut out a 22 inch by 48 inch banner text and when it was finished and returning to the position the blade all of a sudden dropped and cut right through the vinyl. 

Then I thought it was a fluke and set it up again and ran the "show me" in flexi and when you was doing the rectangle cutting area the blade dropped again.  I've got it grounded and I don't know what the problem is, I've got 3 of these to do and a 20ft long one to do.

Anyone got any ideas, I need help fast.

If you run the test box cut in SignCut, does it do the same thing? If so, it may be a hardware issue. If not, it may have something to do with Flexi.

Guest fivestar

I honestly don't know Ken, I only have flexi installed.  I noticed whenever it does it the lcd screen goes blank.

Guest fivestar

I got it fixed I believe.  I did another "show me" in flexi without the blade in the holder and the holder went down again.  I turned the machine off and then back on and every since then it is working.  I cut out 2 banners I am needing to get done and it cut them perfectly.  So I hope it stays alright.

I hope so too. I also have Flexi now, so I was going to try and recreate the issue here, but good to hear you got it going. Keep me posted.

Guest fivestar

I still say it was caused by Static.

But what do I know.

I thought of static too, but I tried the "show me" with blade out and NO vinyl in the cutter and it still did it.  Once I turned it off in the middle of the "show me" the one time, it worked perfectly since.

I noticed this happens to my cuts whenever I cut weeding lines on large graphics.  I stopped using weeding lines on large runs and that seems to have solved the problem. 

If you are using the Refine series cutter on the USB connection, I would leave SignCut and the cutter at 9600. I have never had an issue cutting at this baud rate. Which cutting program are you using?

I am using corel X3 for design the sending it as a vector file to signcutX2 PE with updates installed from US Cutters web site. But I only get this on graphics with letters. if it is a design with no letters it is no problem.

Could you attach the file you are having an issue with? If I can cut it fine here, then it has something to do with your setup. If not, then it is probably the file.

I do not know how to attach a copy of the file here. if I cut one at a time it cuts it out fine. when I cut multiple is when I have the trouble only on the letters the graphic cuts out fine.

I had the same problem when I tried to cut any of the sample graphics that were supplied with the signcut software.

But when I open and cut a graphic that I created or one from a clipart cd they seem to be coming out OK so far. I have only tried a few though so who knows what will happen as I go. Just figured I would post my findings so far.