NickWhite

Graphtec CE-6000 Using Knife instead of Pen to draw?

Hello everyone!

So yesterday out of nowhere, my Graphtec CE-6000-120AP cutting plotter started using the knife instead of the pen. In Accumark it's labeled as only using the Pen tool, the machine even states it's using the pen. But it never grabs the pen, it's just left on the holder, and it starts drawing using the knife and just messes up everything! Has anyone had this problem or have any idea on what to do?

(Needless to say I've tried restarting it, and yet it still happens, I tried moving the pen manually and it still uses the knife.)

heck I didn't even know that model existed and have never seen anyone on this forum mention it - betting it would be quicker to call graphtec support to get an answer than on a signmaking forum that doesn't really have a need for that feature  just my 2c

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

heck I didn't even know that model existed and have never seen anyone on this forum mention it - betting it would be quicker to call graphtec support to get an answer than on a signmaking forum that doesn't really have a need for that feature  just my 2c

You're right, thought I'd give it a shot. Is there any option in any Graphtec plotters to manually have it switch to the cutter or pen? The manual on this thing is reallllyyyy unhelpful! My last resort is to call their support which charges $250 p/h and it requires that you purchase at minimum an hours worth.

No other cutter has that feature so it would be hard for us to answer - all ours if we want to use a pen we have to take the knife out and put a pen in and change the settings - it is a unique cutter you have

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

No other cutter has that feature so it would be hard for us to answer - all ours if we want to use a pen we have to take the knife out and put a pen in and change the settings - it is a unique cutter you have

Ahh! I see. It's really hard using both; it messes up quite often. For example, I'll tell it to plot/draw with the pen then cut it out, it'll end up just cutting where I told it to draw, and vice versa. It's really a mess, still learning day by day. I'll probably shoot a support request to Graphtec now.

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you in another country? Besides US?

No, I'm in the U.S.

• Like 1

Does it always do reverse of what you want? If that's the case I'd look for a setting in the software someplace, sounds like your tool head IDs have gotten swapped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Does it always do reverse of what you want? If that's the case I'd look for a setting in the software someplace, sounds like your tool head IDs have gotten swapped.

Taking a look now!

The cutter is quite interesting.  I have never seen that before.  I watched a couple youtube videos.  What type of software does that use?   

• Like 1

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

The cutter is quite interesting.  I have never seen that before.  I watched a couple youtube videos.  What type of software does that use?   

Accumark Version 10