MrJoel

scaling issue scal pro 4 and Laserpoint 2 (5" wide aint 5")

Just noticed this on another big reflective job I'm doing so the mistake is fairly costly here.  I have 24" wide material running that measures out at 23 7/8" which is typical.  This job had a bunch of 5" X 30" rectangles that I started on and after the first row of 4 I noticed I have 4.5" of left over material. I am pretty good at math and even with no spacing between the larger ones I should have been less than 4" left.  So I got my tape out.  5x30 actually cut at 4.832" wide and 29.61"  unfortunately that's not gonna cut it for the customer.  I'm ok with loosing those but then I went back to the 6x10's I cut yesterday and the 4x9" I cut with them and they are all undersized too.  How do I fix the problem here?  There are a crap ton of these that I am going to be doing but no I know that everything I cut is off.  where can I calibrate this?

does scalp have a scale feature in the cutting section like flexi does that could have gotten changed??

primal seems to be the scalp expert lately

I found a spot on UScutter support section on how to do it, but it was wrong on how to accurately fix it.  basically you design a 1" square and cut it.  mine cutter had it a .96x.97" square, the solution was to go into the cut screen, click on settings and under x resolution I changed it to 1.04 and y to 1.03.  on a 10"x 10" square I am now at 10.002 x 10.0012...close enough, a little extra is better than the mess up I just made.   (the solution from them had it going the wrong way and just entering your measurements of x and y which made the square smaller.

Here is what my settings are. In scalps, when you use the text feature you have to go to TEXT and then convert text to outlines, From there you can scale it to the proper size you need it to be,Its just like in ai Its not a vector till you convert it..Im also sending a ticket to craftedge on this ..

Untitled.thumb.jpg.95d0273927e3933028f66eb0ce98127b.jpg

• Like 1