Nicky

drivers

Hi everyone.  Just got myself a deal of a lifetime with my MK2.....i know its old but all i could afford.  Where on earth do i get the drivers for windows 8.1.  Been to Graphtec website, but no drivers for windows 8.1. Also any ideas on free design software for this plotter?

Thanks 

I just checked the graphtev drivers are there.   Signblazer is available for free download, use the search box above and go to the end of the thread for one that works

Hi Nicky, what are you seeking, exactly? Welcome to the Forums.

Your questions can be answered better by the experts here after you provide details that help us understand what equipment you are using, what steps you've already taken, and anything else that gives enough insight to assist.

So far, all you've done is raise several elements of confusion.

This is the Flexi topic. Are you trying to get Flexi (what version?) to work with your machine?

When you say 'free design software' are you indicating you want something that functions along the lines of Adobe ILLUSTRATOR? What about Inkscape? That is a good alternative.

Also, be aware that Inkscape is just a creativity application, not a cutting application. In order for you to get the cutting underway, you'll need a dedicated program like SignBlazer 

Edited by slice&dice
removed reference to USCUTTER MH-MK2

Was thinking you could be referring to a refine me 871mk2that usc marketed a while back, guess we would need to know which plotter you have that you refer as a mk2

Just now, slice&dice said:

Hi Nicky, what are you seeking, exactly? Welcome to the Forums.

Your questions can be answered better by the experts here after you provide details that help us understand what equipment you are using, what steps you've already taken, and anything else that gives enough insight to assist.

So far, all you've done is raise several elements of confusion.

This is the Flexi topic. Are you trying to get Flexi (what version?) to work with your machine? You mention MK2 (the model # of USCUTTER MH machine). What does Graphtec's website have to do with this? When you say 'free design software' are you indicating you want something that functions along the lines of Adobe ILLUSTRATOR? What about Inkscape? That is a good alternative.

Also, be aware that Inkscape is just a creativity application, not a cutting application. In order for you to get the cutting underway, you'll need a dedicated program like SignBlazer   (the MH-MK2 uses a RedSail brand driver).

The ce3000 by graphtec came as a mk2 in its last version, I had 2-3of them

2 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Sorry if Ive caused confusion....it is the ce3000 mk2. 

Than answer above

OK, that's good info, and clarifies this better.

SignBlazer has lots of drivers installed for basically all Graphtecs ever produced!

And just to add another "freebie for the newbie" ---   IRFANVIEW is worthwhile to install (and the accompanying Ghostscript). It allows viewing of .eps files (and other graphics formats).

I am so new at this I'm going in reverse......but sure with all the great support I've seen in this group I will master it. Thank you 

Nicky, take a deep breath and you'll be fine.

Just be aware that we've seen many newbies come along, with essentially the same types of questions. Use the search function first to check out the previous threads that might answer specific concerns you have.

If you want one good piece of advice (unsolicited) ----  make sure your physical work space is well-designed and organized, and use a carry-all for your basic tools.

For example ::::    s-l300.jpg

If you are using Flexi that it supports your Graphtec CE3000. Why do you need drivers? What Flexi version are you using there?