torren

copam cp2500 windows 7 cant find device?

i have a dell xps running windows 7 and just recently purchased second hand a CP2500.
i have tried my best to figure this out and spent many hours finding the appropriate drives and trying to find out how to connect the plotter to the driver that is on the computer. I do not know if i am in the way or just missing something. 

i have sure cuts pro and signgo pro when i try in sure cuts it responds with no cutter found.
please help 

So are you matching the com port number in your computer device manager with the com port number in your cutting software?  They must match. 

Did the driver install correctly? 

i have found an issue. my device manager in my pc does not show the PORT tab so i am trying to see how it has disappeared and if there is a work around.

i have that driver downloaded it just wont show up in my device manager where my PORT tab should be. it computer erorr at the moment then we will see what is next. i also am going to try and get it working on an older mac air since this is might not work according to dell.

used to use my copam 2500 on a dell - think it was a dimension 4700 - the driver will allow a chipset to show up in the devices - not the actual copam 2500 as I recall as it has a emulation chipset for the usb - if using serial than it should show up.   unless you are using an off brand usb to serial converter

i do not have the original usb here i have a 2.0 printer cable which could also be a factor. the lady i purchased this from forgot the power cable and the hook up. I am assuming t was a usb. could this 15$ cable from walmart be another problem?
where would the emulation chipset be found if you can remember

devices.png

ok i have another question for the 10.7.5 mac air. i downloaded the drivers from the attached link what is the next step? i have installed the software and also downloaded signcut trail but it crashes before it even opens.

SignCut quit unexpectedly.
reopen crash again

BTW you guys are amazing 

29 minutes ago, torren said:

ok i have another question for the 10.7.5 mac air. i downloaded the drivers from the attached link what is the next step? i have installed the software and also downloaded signcut trail but it crashes before it even opens.

SignCut quit unexpectedly.
reopen crash again

BTW you guys are amazing 

on this one you lost me at Mac . . . tried em twice - didn't get along with them at all - 

37 minutes ago, torren said:

i do not have the original usb here i have a 2.0 printer cable which could also be a factor. the lady i purchased this from forgot the power cable and the hook up. I am assuming t was a usb. could this 15$ cable from walmart be another problem?
where would the emulation chipset be found if you can remember

devices.png

guarantee that could be it.    does it have a usb hook up on it - seems I remember it just having a serial cable that took a special cord and a parallel connection but could be wrong

Just now, torren said:

what do you think about the pc?

cutters require very little in the form of a pc - a lot of us use old computers that are not connected to the internet just for cutter computers - several still on win xp

the cable im using is the printer cable with usb on the opposite side. as far as the hook i do not know what that is

I just downloaded the manual from the support area and see it does not have a usb connection - is the adapter you have from the centronics to usb???  did you install the chipset drivers for that?

yup that is a standard usb so those drivers I directed to earlier should enable the internal chipset for that  - did you see her use the machine before purchasing to know it worked?

the copam went almost 16 years with no changes other than adding the usb - so the one you have should be in the last 10 years :)

I did not see her work the machine. I have turned on and tested all seems to be working. The back of the lock knob that hold the blade holder was broken....have no clue how you break that but she said she used it the morning before. I think she thinks she used it by saying she turned it on and watched the blade move. There is no way it coudve actually cut.

Yes i have those drivers on the pc and mac i have signgo pro and sure cuts 4 on windows 7 on pc and working on software for the mac. I have sure cuts three just downloaded trial cersion on mac.

back when I had the copam I am sure I used  it originally with signblazer - free to download but windows 10 and I know Norton AV will delete it before you get to install because it had a crack installed after the owner died to get rid of a nag screen and it sees that as malware

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

ok here's what i had trouble shot and im down to 
PC
installed appropriate drivers for Copam cp2500 with usb
windows 7 with sure cuts alot 4/sign go pro --- neither can find the plotter
go to device manager -- no "PORTS" tab (i tried unhiding, and BIOS enabled)

since i could not find a way to get it to be found i switched to my mac air

MAC

installed appropriate drivers for 10.7.5
sure cuts 3 cant find plotter

--------------------
the problem has to be in the brand new cord i purchased
the connect hub of the usb in the plotter
or somewhere i missed a step in the 7 hours i spent trouble shooting this

the lady i bought the plotter from says she will send me the cord that she forgot to send but i dont think its the cord. if it is then that was a waste of 20$ and 7hours. im going to bed now