Lostnsincity

MH 871-MK2 test cuts are perfect then it completly screws up

When I do a test cut it works perfect. When I import my design it cuts it's twice and rips up the vinyl and cuts way deeper the second time. How do I fix it please help!

20171022_161610.jpg

20171022_161617.jpg

more that likely if you traced the image with your software you have 2 images on top of one another - you would select one and delete it - I am also seeing you have way too much blade exposure from that last picture

• Like 1

Thanks, I will mess with it in the morning when I get home. I think your right, I remember clicking on it twice! As for the blade, if it was to much wouldn't the test cuts be mest up? 

This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I set the blade depth correctly. But its still wanting to make a second pass. Any more ideas as to what it could be? I deleted my old image, started a new doc and started from scratch and same result. 

Do you have 2 copies set in your cutting software?   Post the file if it does not violate copyright rules. 

• Like 1

What software are you using?

Did it cut completely through the backing paper? If so, you're cutting strip is now damaged, at least in that area, and will cause issues down the road. No need to do anything about it right now as you need to figure out the double cutting problem first. But once that is taken care of you'll want to replace the cutting strip.

Till you get it working, I'd suggest switching to a pen and paper so that you don't waste any vinyl and don't do any additional damage to the cutting strip or blade.

• Like 1

betting the trace in the cutting software is creating one image above the other one - and redoing it will give you the same result.  like skeeter said post the file for us to look at if it doesn't violate any copyright infringement