Okay I just purchased the vinyl master (uscutter) I am working with windows 7 when I try to send something to the cutter it will not cut but will cut test pattern. It shows that it’s connected but when I run detect devise it can’t find the cutter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program. I have changed ports also I’m working with the USB port. Any and all help appreciated. 

9 times our of 10 when we see this people didn't install the usb chipset drivers before loading the cutting software like skeeter suggested.   will check back later for answer to see where we go from here

• Like 1

if those separate drivers are downloaded and the computer still won't find the device and you tried different usb cables I would contact usc tomorrow as the software can't work until that connection is made.   not sure what he sc shows up as - I know some of the older units like the mh and pcut showed as ftdi devices as that was the chipset they used then.   been a while since I personally had one of the value cutters to know what they use now
it will only show in device manager - it is not a printer so it will not show in the printers menu - we have ran into that also.

once the drivers were installed I personally would have rebooted and tried again to cover all bases

• Like 1

Do you get the microsoft chime when you plug and unplug the USB cable? And it showed that the driver installed correctly?  NO triangle by the driver? 

4 hours ago, Nancy’s Attic said:

Okay I just purchased the vinyl master (uscutter) I am working with windows 7 when I try to send something to the cutter it will not cut but will cut test pattern. It shows that it’s connected but when I run detect devise it can’t find the cutter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program. I have changed ports also I’m working with the USB port. Any and all help appreciated. 

so it is doing a test cut from the cutter itself but not the program - do I understand that part correct?

after you installed the drivers and got rid of the yellow triage - then go back into cut (after you have a cutable image  in the program like a simple square)  it still will not find the cutter -??

Adding your cutter to VinylMaster

First install VinylMaster, and the connect the cutter with the USB cable. To add the cutter into the VinylMaster software, first click open VinylMaster and select File. Then select Cut/Plot and then Vinyl Spooler. On the Vinyl Spooler window, click the Connection tab. There will be an option to add the cutter by clicking the ADD button. Select your model cutter from the list and click Install.

Once the cutter has been installed, select the correct Port Type under Connection Method. For the MH, Titan, and GraphTec you would select Direct USB Port. For the SC and LaserPoint II cutters you would set the port type to Direct COM port. After setting the port,  you would click on the Auto-Detect (Direct COM) or Detect (Direct USB) button and follow the prompts on the screen to have the cutter recognized by the computer and software.

yeah if after you hit the direct usb button and it doesn't find it that would be the next thing - support will be there tomorrow - remember they are on pacific time

• Like 1