TXDecalWerx

Cutout font in a windshield banner...

I am trying to figure out how to make a windshield banner for a friend. He wants a 50" piece of vinyl with his text cut out. I would like to make this for him, along with similar designs as the abused daily and stockish decals but I am missing a step somewhere. I am using the most recent version of VM ltr. 

Related image 

Related imageRelated image

Several way to accomplish this. An easy way is to design it in two color with the knock out area being the second color and then just cut both colors at the same time and it will do exactly what you are looking for with the abused and stockish examples. You can also build it with the knock out by using the knock out tool if that is available in the letter version of VM. 

For the windshield cut you should be able to do similar and draw a box the size of the outer limits and cut everything same idea as with the other. Also may be able to figure out how to move your cutter head in and over so it is set to zero at a point far enough in from the edges to allow the overbuild and set that as your zero stating point. I do that from time to time but it's usually easier to use a big box around the lettering so it gets centered perfectly. 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.