A Time to Inspire

Getting "Over Size" notification half way through cut...

I finally got my cutter set up. Have gotten it to cut, but when I want to do my larger/multiple design cuts on the size vinyl and space I have, it gets half way through my cut and then stops and says "over size please reset" and I can only hit reset and start over. But all sizes look fine on my computer when I send it over. Any help on what I am missing? This is my first time ever using a larger cutter and feel a bit lost. Thanks in advance. 

All cutters have a memory limit... You didn't state how long or how detailed the designs are that you are trying to cut.  Try less and see if it works out for you. 

I too am having the same issue. I am printing simple words small signs. It has cut much larger words fine with no issues. But when i go to cut like 3 11x8 signs with words it gives me that error cutting one fine but won't cut the other 2??? There needs to be better support for this machine.

8 hours ago, southernshoreso said:

I too am having the same issue. I am printing simple words small signs. It has cut much larger words fine with no issues. But when i go to cut like 3 11x8 signs with words it gives me that error cutting one fine but won't cut the other 2??? There needs to be better support for this machine.

You do not mention which cutting software that your using, so guessing...Giving enough info to work with, is very important. Otherwise we can only guess. Not all errors have to do with the vinyl cutter directly.  Many problems do exist from wrong settings in the cutting software. All settings have to be correct, as well as keeping the design inside of the sized layout, when you select your design to send to the vinyl cutter. Is your cutting mat in your cutting software sized big enough to fit all 3 designs into? 

Try this below,  If using Vinyl Master software. 

Go into the Vinyl Spooler, and from the "Settings" menu, ensure that "Force Position" is NOT selected.

Also make sure that the vinyl is only about 1 inch from the far right side of the vinyl cutter. 

• Like 1

I agree with Skeeter and from the sounds of it if it will cut one fine but not more then it almost certainly is a software concern. Which cutting software are you using? I am betting you have something going on with WYSIWYG or similar where your software is treating your project as the size of your entire workspace/cutting board. Also if you are trying to stack 3 - 8" wide signs into a 24" piece of vinyl that's not going to fit anyway. Rotate and cut two wide at 22" will probably fit and allow necessary separation between the two. Are you using a weeding box? Too many unknowns to be of much help.