GV School

Graphtec FC7000-75 Vinyl Cutter

I'm looking to buy a Graphtec FC7000-75 Vinyl Cutter and the seller says it Keeps throwing a Y-Position Error. Is that fixable. . . 

What Can be the problem, can I disable the sensors. . . Also is that a good model what your opinion?

It seems there are several reasons to get that error..  Found this on other forums.  I love my FC7000mk2-75    bought new 2008, never a problem  

Several reasons from what I am reading

I just got a fc7000 in from UPS and it was beat so bad every plastic external part was broken and the roller rod was bent. After removing the broken parts and doing a light screw, cable and obstruction check I powered it up to get the same YPOSITION error. I tried to blow the sensor that goes over the pinch roller to no avail. I ended up taking the top metal cover off and found the cutter head ribbon was disconnected from the rough handling. I reconnected it and now it works. Hope this helps anyone.

Different reason. 

Is this a FC7000 or a FC7000MK2? The FC7000 series had an issue with the Y-Pulley that connects the motor to the while belt that drives the carriage. If this is the case you can open the right hand side cover of the unit and locate the motor in the top front corner of the cutter. If you hold the motor so that it can't move you shouldn't be able to move the carriage either. If the carriage moves then you need to have the pulley and the Pen Board replaced.

Another reason

Thank you for your response. I was able to get it cut. I played with the rollers, I moved them back and forth a few times and into different positions. Now I don't want to jinx it but I am hoping that it has reset itself. Thank you again 

It's a fc7000. The guy said its for parts only and he said that's the only problem with it. Are there any parts available? Also he's the 3rd owner can they wear out. . .

It would depend on which parts you might need...Might be able to purchase from Japan etc.   Yes, parts can wear out like any other part. of a car or machinery.  There are other people that also sell machines for parts on Ebay. Hopefully he is not asking too much for the price. 

Man, I have seen that cutter for sale and I am tempted!  I used to own the FC7000-100.

But let me know if you decide to pass...

I have attached an excerpt from the  FC7000 repair manual for you, XY position error- its discontinued and I don't think they repair or make parts for FC7000  any longer.   

If its a gear or mechanical part, I bet its the same PN as the FC800 and FC8600's. 

XY Position Error FC7000.pdf