I do about 15 designs a week I cut on my US Cutter Laserpoint II. I am now starting to get issues with cuts starting to be completely off. Attached is how it cuts and how it is designed. This is happening more and more with other designs but this is by far the worst. I have not changed anything on my computer. I am using a Mac running 10.12.6 and sure cuts a lot 3 pro. I am wondering what is causing this issue now and how to rectify the issue I am burning through a lot of vinyl with incorrect cuts now. 

cutissues.jpg

tracking can do that....  make sure the set screws in grit rollers are tight.   loose belt..to carriage head.  make sure it has correct tension. .   I make sure the pinch rollers on my cutter are the same distance to the edge of the vinyl.when cutting... 

Calibrate your cutter also. 

Skeeter how do I calibrate the cutter again? I was trying to find info to reset the cutter. Everything is business as usual but it just seems like it is screwing up A LOT these days

My first guess would be tracking as well. double check that your pinch rollers haven't lost a spring or that they are fully over a knurled drive bar. 

You would have to look at the user manual for Scalp..   i don't use it. 

Also make sure the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the track  and nothing in the rails,

Hopefully the vinyl has plenty of slack(enough to do the order) and your not pulling from the roll while cutting. 

I am not pulling on them usually. This has been happening now on 5 different orders the machine is just going wonky. I re-installed the software this morning,

Ran a 20x44inch square and It looked good until I went to weed it and it didn't match up several corners so it is still not cutting correctly.

did you ever take off the side cover and try tightening the belt.?     I have seen where people had to do that.  I don't own a Laserpointer,, just pointing out info from reading.  I don't have any more info. 

49 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

did you ever take off the side cover and try tightening the belt.?     I have seen where people had to do that.  I don't own a Laserpointer,, just pointing out info from reading.  I don't have any more info. 

I have not.

Have you tried a different software?  Signblazer is a FREE  download found on the forum.  

My last advice....time to move up to a Graphtec and don't look back. :D

41 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you tried a different software?  Signblazer is a FREE  download found on the forum.  

My last advice....time to move up to a Graphtec and don't look back. :D

Which model do you suggest? I see the FC-8600-75 for 30inch. I usually don't do over 24-inch cuts.

I have the FC7000-MK2-75    bought new 2008, NEVER a problem,  use almost daily. 

The  Ce6000-60 is 24" 

I have bought 2 Ce5000-60 for my sons.  never a problem with those. 

or if you do a lot of contour cutting maybe you would like the 28" Titian 3  it is servo. with ARMS

More to the crazy equation and I am thinking the machine is bad at this point. I have tried everything I can think of. I moved the paper to the complete opposite side of the machine I don't normally use. I have used the pen instead of the blade. Cut the same design both ways and getting the same results. 

Attached is the image that is 24x37inches. I set my cutter to the edge of the paper, I watched it the entire time and tracked the paper and the paper didn't move. The head ended an inch right to where it started. Also on an arm of the decal it happened twice in a row cutting the same exact pattern that the straight line went squigley for no reason. Twice. The exact same place. Flipped it over used the pen. SAME EXACT THING.

All this only happens on designs over 24-inches it appears. I just cut this design in 3 different smaller sizes and they all cut perfect.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 7.07.47 PM.png

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

That kind of sounds like a software problem to me. Before you give up on the machine I'd try a different cutting software and see what happens. Signblazer is free, I"d download it and give it a try to see what happens.

• Like 1

I agree with darcshadow. On the mac your other option is going to be SignCut. They have a free trial. Awesome company to deal with too. 

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

That kind of sounds like a software problem to me. Before you give up on the machine I'd try a different cutting software and see what happens. Signblazer is free, I"d download it and give it a try to see what happens.

Signblazer is not Mac compatible.   He stated he uses a Mac.    But maybe he could borrow a Windows PC and try it.  

Yeah, missed the Mac thing. Still though there are various free trials of programs that could be tried before completely giving up on the cutter. Inkscape can also be configured to cut, although it's not as straight forward as most would like.