Sign in to follow this  
welshnutteruk

Newbie Needs Help

Hi all forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, Ok a friend of mine emigrated and has given me his heat press and pixmax 721 cutter (both work fine) i have set it up on my PC with the drivers but unfortunatly the software was on his laptop, as a newbie i have looked online at software(dont mind paying), but as a newbie what software is very easy to use i have had a look at signcut pro and vinyl master cut and also he told me to look on eb@y for signcut pro, but being a newbie i downloaded signcut pro as i have corwel draw all ready on PC but when i opened a logo ui have for rugby on my pc in corel and saved it as a svg signcut wouldnt open this so can anyone help with whats the easiest software to use, I klook forward to your replys and many thanks for your help
Regards Chris

SignCut should handle SVG you must be doing something wrong. SignCut will be the best bet if you already have Corel and know how to use it. I use it daily and it's a rock solid program. Did you load the plugin for corel or str you just opening the file up in SignCut? (either is fine)

Start by trying to cut the graphic that comes up when you open SignCut up. It's their logo and you can soon tell if your cutter is hooked up correctly. You may have to log in and get a support ticket. SignCut has live tech support. 

Note that the trial of sign cut pro may limit the cutting size.  Test with a very small design, (under 4"x4".)  Most versions of sign cut pro have a plug in that installs into CorelDraw, that gives an option to send to SignCut.  I don't think they have one for CorelDraw 2017 yet.

As to the svg, make sure it is just an svg with all vector, no raster components or bitmap.  You probably can't have filter effects either as these are raster, (like drop shadows or other special effects.)  It has to be all paths.  Post a link to one of the failing svg's here and we can look at it for difficulties.

• Like 1

The Cut version of VM is pretty basic. If you are on a tight budget or just trying to get your feet wet to see if this is something you want to get into download Inkscape. It is a free vector software. SignCut works with it too. The SignBlazer that Slice linked you to is a totally free design and cut software as well although very old and has no support some have had good luck with it. 

Hi many thanks for your reply, I downloaded the trial of vinyl master basic, and can do a design in it and i can get the cutter to print thier demo logo, so would i be better off using vinyl master as its £45  so dont mind spending that just to get me started

Regards chris

Many Thanks MZ, i did a logo in inkscape of a dove and daughters name and then printed it through  a trail of signcut,

thing is i medically retired and im looking to do this as a hobby just to give me something to do. i downloaded Gimp and had a play with that on how to trace and vector in inkscape

Regards chris