Today I tried  cutting  something and I loaded media and the liver didn't respond on my graphtec FC 70O0-75

I opened it up and cleaned the sensor in hopes of  it responding but no luck . Is this machine done or is it still fixable ?

"lever" ----  I don't own a Graphtec, but apparently what you are saying is that the pressure rollers are controlled by a single lever and the main control board will recognize the lever being put in the Down (closed) position, and automatically Poll the media (determine width of vinyl). Your machine is failing to do that, right?

Fixing a problem like this might indeed require a replacement of the sensor itself.

Edited by slice&dice
  • Thanks 1

had something like that on a roland gx-24 once - after playing with it I finally let the lever snap back on it's own and it jarred the micro switch enough it worked normally

• Thanks 1

Well, there is a sensor that detects when the lever is up or down, you would need to remove the plastic cover nearest the control panel side of the machine to get to it. This may or may not be the culprit.

Make sure the white connector is plugged in to the sensor. I suppose the sensor could fail but I don't think it would be unlikely since there are no moving parts on the sensor itself.

Also, I suppose you could try a  factory reset by holding the arrow up button while turning on the cutter.

Another thing, were you trying to cut too small of a piece of vinyl? The vinyl has to cover the rear sensor of the cutter or it won't allow the cutter to proceed.

Something else you might try is turning off the sensors in the cutter setup menu.

graphtec_sensor.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found it it was the cam sensor.  We took it apart and found out it was chipped from a corner. I called Graphtec of America and they said they no longer carrie a discontinued part. All it needs is this small sensor 'but now I'm out of luck.:/ Thanks everyone . Love this forum . 

On 10/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, mb20music said:

Well, there is a sensor that detects when the lever is up or down, you would need to remove the plastic cover nearest the control panel side of the machine to get to it. This may or may not be the culprit.

Make sure the white connector is plugged in to the sensor. I suppose the sensor could fail but I don't think it would be unlikely since there are no moving parts on the sensor itself.

Also, I suppose you could try a  factory reset by holding the arrow up button while turning on the cutter.

Another thing, were you trying to cut too small of a piece of vinyl? The vinyl has to cover the rear sensor of the cutter or it won't allow the cutter to proceed.

Something else you might try is turning off the sensors in the cutter setup menu.

graphtec_sensor.JPG

Thank you.  That was the problem:/

I checked and it don't have one ,but I messaged Graphtec of America to see of they can provide one . 

Never mind  i found it in the Graphtec service manual ..    Maybe your best bet is to find a broken  FC7000  ... 

**update***Well I was able to order the part from the main company in Japan . Cost me $ 115.00 for shipping and wire transfer . Part costed $15.00 . Going to put the part today so wish me luck . 

Well thank God I got the plotter to work with the help of an electrician. The problem wasn't the main board or the sensor it was the terminals that needed to be cleaned. 

28 minutes ago, AmberSign said:

Hey, Wondering what terminals were cleaned to fix problem? Having same issue and desperate to fix!

OP hasn't been back since April 2018.    Is your media sensor not working?   Have you tried cleaning it?  Tried factory reset?   Covering it?   Same Graphtec  FC7000? 

Model FC 7000 -130 Graphtec

I load 24" vinyl and pull lever and does nothing. Was working yesterday. Read the trouble shooting directions in manual. Cleaned all the sensors. Did a factory reset. Took the left cover off and removed cam sensor. Do not believe it is the sensor. Would not go into service mode so I could not check all sensors. The one thing I noticed - usually when you turn machine on a fan or some sound starts but now when you turn it on it is silent. Have had Graphtec cutters for 20 years and am stumped. Any help appreciated. Thanks.