Recommended Posts

Hello I bought a CE6000  60 yesterday and my previous machines have been fairly basic compared to the new machine , I have done a factory reset and tired adjusting the offset but no matter how clean of an .EPS or just using the plain for my cutter makes small errors in the same spots, I am using the Graphtec Studio program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks 

cutting error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.    Also try condition 2.  on the cutter.   Or try a different software,  Many still use Signblazer, which is FREE   They use the COPAM set up. 

Personally I only use the Graphtec Cutting Contoller on Condition 9..Everything is controlled from my computer and not on the cutter.   Pretty ez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make sure TOOL is not set on PEN.    It should be what ever number the blade is.  Make sure the blade is set correctly, which I have posted on here too many times to count.   Run the speed slow until you learn how to operate the cutter.  No reason to run fast.   Check your test cuts.. That is built into the cutter program.  Should be nice sharp corners on the square and triangle.    At least my cutter has square and triangle.for test.   .    Your welcome,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Test Cuts seem fine , when I drew a bunch of circles and wrote  "test1234OO in my own sample cut the only errors seem to be in the zeros are the test I wrote , all the circles turned out fine ,before I cut this I changed the condition to 2 , and from pen to my blade type, cutting at slow speeds as well ,I watched this video again as I watched them all that came with my machine.  Blade depth is good , seems better but still not perfect ,I'll keep chipping away

20171001_1417291111.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you set your blade depth?  Too many incorrect instructions that say 1/2 a credit card thickness,  or more.which is about 10 times too much blade exposed. 

This is the correct way to set blade depth, To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. You only cut with the blade tip. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have those instructions saved off some place and just copy and paste them here? :) Those instructions should just be at the top of the forums on every page.  ha!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Do you have those instructions saved off some place and just copy and paste them here? :) Those instructions should just be at the top of the forums on every page.  ha!

Yes,  I have them saved. Yes, copy and paste.  But I think Dakota, saved them also on the forum...:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinned up n instructional contributions long time ago.  You can put the info in the correct area but getting people to look for it is another thing altogether

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many people just plop their questions up and don't even search for anything, Then get a bit peeved when you don't do anything for them, when you send them to videos or user manuals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

Too many people just plop their questions up and don't even search for anything, Then get a bit peeved when you don't do anything for them, when you send them to videos or user manuals.  

I see this is an old thread. But I am having this same issue with a brand new CE6000-60 PLUS model. I have been cutting vinyl for over 10 years with all types of brands of cutters and I have never seen a cutter so complicated to get it setup correctly. I think people get so ticked because of the way some people come off to them. They are stressed because they have invested money into something that should not be so complicated. I was getting that the repeated comment seems to be to fix an issue with the cutters by Graphtec is to adjust the blade or replace a blade. I promise you and anyone, Blade adjustment is good but is not what is causing these issues. This seems to be an undercut issue. I am on the edge of returning the cutter I purchased because the lack of phone support is not there for this product. They want to email and not help at the moment you need it. No where else do I or have I ever had an issue with this. I have been using another brand of pro cutter for the past 5 years and never had issues like this one has gave me. Believe me, I seen people on here ask for help on jagged edges and seems like the same people wrote, check your blade. Offset 0... Change to HPGL mode. What do you say to someone who has the years I do and already have this set and see issues with jagged edges? Could it be the brand new blade? I think not. 45 Degree blades are meant as the main stay of a vinyl cutter. A 60 Degree is used for thick and rough vinyl materials. I was told to use that in one post. :wacko: Bad advice. Also I see that jagged edges at are on a vector Graphtec will cut that jagged area as it is. It will not smooth it out at all like other cutters. Explain that one? I have used Roland, Titan and MH they all smooth out those rough jagged lines. Its kinda like its a child to some people on this forums, " My Kid DIDN'T Do THAT" well guess what. Your kid did and still does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Degree blades are used for very detailed designs.  That is what I use for my    Graphtec FC.  I only cut sign vinyl.  Once in a while Avery chrome.   I just raise the force a bit. Been running my business since 2006. Bought this cutter new in 2008. Never a problem.  Plus bought 2 Ce5000-60 for my kids.     Many people on here use 60 degree blades for everything.  I only buy Seiki blades.   I set my settings and forget it.  I run everything from My Graphtec Cutting Controller.  I never change settings on my vinyl cutter.   I also have a Graphtec FC8000-75.  Both cutters set up the same way using 60 degree blades.  You can also adjust the curve quality.  As with any design, if the design is not quality, it won't cut quality.  Where are your photos of your problems?  Where are your TEST cuts from the machine  TEST ?   Did you get the  Graphtec Pro Studio with that machine? (Windows Only)    The Graphtec FC units have more bells and whistles than the CE6000 and I never felt they were complicated to run.   Set and forget.   1 bought new. I bought used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KenGraphics said:

I see this is an old thread. But I am having this same issue with a brand new CE6000-60 PLUS model. I have been cutting vinyl for over 10 years with all types of brands of cutters and I have never seen a cutter so complicated to get it setup correctly. I think people get so ticked because of the way some people come off to them. They are stressed because they have invested money into something that should not be so complicated. I was getting that the repeated comment seems to be to fix an issue with the cutters by Graphtec is to adjust the blade or replace a blade. I promise you and anyone, Blade adjustment is good but is not what is causing these issues. This seems to be an undercut issue. I am on the edge of returning the cutter I purchased because the lack of phone support is not there for this product. They want to email and not help at the moment you need it. No where else do I or have I ever had an issue with this. I have been using another brand of pro cutter for the past 5 years and never had issues like this one has gave me. Believe me, I seen people on here ask for help on jagged edges and seems like the same people wrote, check your blade. Offset 0... Change to HPGL mode. What do you say to someone who has the years I do and already have this set and see issues with jagged edges? Could it be the brand new blade? I think not. 45 Degree blades are meant as the main stay of a vinyl cutter. A 60 Degree is used for thick and rough vinyl materials. I was told to use that in one post. :wacko: Bad advice. Also I see that jagged edges at are on a vector Graphtec will cut that jagged area as it is. It will not smooth it out at all like other cutters. Explain that one? I have used Roland, Titan and MH they all smooth out those rough jagged lines. Its kinda like its a child to some people on this forums, " My Kid DIDN'T Do THAT" well guess what. Your kid did and still does. 

You read those same comments a lot because we start at the bottom and work up on solving issues, most of the time those simple things actually fix the problem.   The most common problem we see with people that upgraded to their first graphtec is indeed using a different offset number than 0.  With what you have shown it is usually too much blade expose, which of course with your years of knowledge already know about.   But it is a process we start from the ground up to make sure it isn’t something simple.   With your vast knowledge I am not sure what we can do to help you . . .  Where did you find a new ce6000?   They have been vary scarce since issues with the ce7000 cropped up.

 

the debate on blade angle is up to the user but for me I have exclusively used 60 degree blades in all my graphtecs and my rolands for over 8 years.  That is a choice that works for me.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

You read those same comments a lot because we start at the bottom and work up on solving issues, most of the time those simple things actually fix the problem.   The most common problem we see with people that upgraded to their first graphtec is indeed using a different offset number than 0.  With what you have shown it is usually too much blade expose, which of course with your years of knowledge already know about.   But it is a process we start from the ground up to make sure it isn’t something simple.   With your vast knowledge I am not sure what we can do to help you . . .  Where did you find a new ce6000?   They have been vary scarce since issues with the ce7000 cropped up.

 

the debate on blade angle is up to the user but for me I have exclusively used 60 degree blades in all my graphtecs and my rolands for over 8 years.  That is a choice that works for me.   

https://dev.paylessmerchandise.com/product/graphtec-ce6000-60-24-in-plus-series-vinyl-cutter-with-stand/

 This is where you can get a new one if you are interested as I have heard a ton of issues with the CE7000 models. Most run back to the CE6000 models. Thats another train wreck. CE6000 was my first choice after doing research. Let us not bring up the years I have, just knowledge working with vinyl and vinyl cutters will do. I will make the comment and leave it at this. For a high priced machine with all the bells and whistles... It is a major let down. For me personally. Now there maybe a few that enjoy this cutter and you are one of those people congrats. You must be using their software and must have received one that is perfect out of the box. I still argue that a 60 degree blade will not fix an issue with short fallen cutouts and nor will it fix jagged lines in a vector. I am going to download and test the software that came with this machine. I am willing to bet that the issue disappears if you use their software. But that would burn me if it does because that locks you in on that software. I have been using VinylMaster for years and know my way around in there like the back of my hand. No reason to leave perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just use bare bones Flexistarter 8.6 with my Graphtecs.   2007 software.  It's great cutting software.  Very little design to it.  But I also have Flexidesigner 10 to design with.  I started out with Flexistarter 7.6 and a Seiki.   Graphtec CE6000 doesn't have the bells and whistles like an FC unit of over $4k   Dakota picked up a FC9000-75 not long ago.  Graphtec Pro Studio is VERY similar to FlexisignPro.  And you should be able to export .eps files which can be downloaded in most any cutting software.   Why would you expect a vinyl cutter to "FIX" your design?  It's crap in crap out. The cutter cuts what it sees.    Both Of our CE 5000-60 run on Flexistarter 10.  just basic cutting software.    Graphtec is your tech support and they do provide great tech service.   A vinyl cutter is not supposed to fix jagged lines in a vector.  That is what "your" skills are supposed to fix before cutting.  Why aren't you node editing and fixing your designs?   Crap into cutter, crap out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious what speed you are running.   I have had 2 or 3 ce6000’s and one ce 6000 plus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KenGraphics said:

  Link removed 

 This is where you can get a new one if you are interested as I have heard a ton of issues with the CE7000 models. Most run back to the CE6000 models. Thats another train wreck. CE6000 was my first choice after doing research. Let us not bring up the years I have, just knowledge working with vinyl and vinyl cutters will do. I will make the comment and leave it at this. For a high priced machine with all the bells and whistles... It is a major let down. For me personally. Now there maybe a few that enjoy this cutter and you are one of those people congrats. You must be using their software and must have received one that is perfect out of the box. I still argue that a 60 degree blade will not fix an issue with short fallen cutouts and nor will it fix jagged lines in a vector. I am going to download and test the software that came with this machine. I am willing to bet that the issue disappears if you use their software. But that would burn me if it does because that locks you in on that software. I have been using VinylMaster for years and know my way around in there like the back of my hand. No reason to leave perfection.

Yup, that supplier scares me and understand where you might have trouble with support there.    Their description says it has 5 pinch rollers, never seen one yet with that many on a 24” plotter.  Does yours have 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my 60* blade, and use it for everything. Put one in within a few months when I first got my LP over 12+ years ago, and then dropped on in when I got my CE6000-60 Plus when it was new out of the box.

I know that some times the suggestions seem repetitive, but it's because a lot of people will provide information as to the bad/poor results they are getting, but not necessarily letting us know how they got there, or what steps they've taken to troubleshoot. I know that going be to basics and checking blade depth seem to be kind of kindergarten for some, but you would be amazed at how many don't have the blade depth set correctly the first time around. A incorrectly set blade can still cut, but it won't always cut optimally under the wide range of settings that some users can use. 

As far as a jagged edge ... yes there could be several causes, so there will be several suggestions - bad vector, broke blade tip, dull blade, incorrect blade depth, bad cutting strip, no slack in the vinyl, junk vinyl, etc. 

rarely use the software that came with my Graphtec, because I learned on SignBlazer and I am the most efficient on SB, so majority of my jobs get sent to it from SB. If the vector is bad, I edit it in SB, if the vector is really bad, then I just try to recreate it. I also have tested it out using the Graphtec Pro Studio (in Windows), Graphtec Studio (in Mac), and VM have not had a quality issue with the cuts.

Don't give up on your CE6000, it's a great machine. It was a substantial step up from my LP, so there was an expected learning curve to go with it. When sellers eventually run out of CE6000, it will be coveted over the CE7000.

I encourage you to keep us posted so we can track your progressive, and hopefully contribute something helpful if and when we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now