Sign in to follow this  
UpNorthPromo

Us Cutters Are A Good Start

I've been in the printing industry for nearly 10 years. I'm sure many of you have been in it for more but its not bad for me being only 25. I've worked for the same company for all of those years as a screen printer and then when I finished college I was a production artist. But that company along with many other large screen printing comany's have been sending their acutal production work down to Mexico. That meant a lot of lay offs for thier loyal workers. Me being an artist they have kept me. I know where my job is headed. So I started doing some crude screen printing at home from frames, mesh, and other equipment they were tossing out. I was just testing to see if it was possible to got out on my own. But the more I look at it (it might be just me) screen printing has it's place but with a lot of the sublimation, pad printing, and vinyl out there it isn't what it used to be. I started looking at signs and truck lettering and was seeing more and more of it. So Instead of screen printing I moved to vinyl. I had the vision of the versacam in mind to start but the $20,000 price tag was a bit much. I came across us cutter like many of you on ebay and for the price I couldn't go wrong. I bought the cutter and within 3 weeks it was paid for. Now 6 months later the machine paid for and basically a whole buisness. New Computer, Scanner, Heatpress, Vinyl Stock and a surprising large customer base. My goal, (with the way it is going for me here in Minnesota)  isn't too far off, is to buy a versa cam by next year this time in cash free and clear. Every dime I have made off the cutter has gone right back into the buiness. The Us Cutter has been great, except for the glitch or two you've all probably had them.

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. .... Good luck .... JB

welcome to this awesome forum. as you will see it's almost "Family like" with people helping people. good cutting to you,  daniel t