kaylee

heat press

hey guys. I'm new to the whole cricut / heat press. how do you guys get your cut vinyl onto the shirts and pressed before the heat causes the vinyl to start folding?

1 minute ago, kaylee said:

yes.. but i feel like there has got to be an easier way to put the letters on

After cutting and  weeding, are you peeling the Heat Press Vinyl off the clear transfer sheet before pressing?

You should be pressing with the transfer sheet on and peel it off after pressing.

Sue2

Something sounds seriously foo barred.  Maybe you have the wrong type of vinyl?  It has to be HTV.  I don't understand this folding your talking about.  A weeded HTV item sits right on the shirt, letting me move it around.  Maybe if I left it on the press with the press on for a day or two something bad might happen, but I've never seen that.  This makes me think you have something other than Heat Transfer Vinyl.

Don't forget to mirror image.

• Like 1

Sue thank you! that answers my question.. I was told i cant press with the plastic on! that helps me so much! I was weeding and individually placing the letters

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, kaylee said:

Sue thank you! that answers my question.. I was told i cant press with the plastic on! that helps me so much! I was weeding and individually placing the letters

Don't listen to that person again!

Dave's video is good...shows how to do it well.

Sue2

• Like 1

If you use the laser printable stuff, you do have to peel that off of the backing, and place it on the garment, and it does "curl" under heat. I've found that using a Teflon sheet to lay everything flat before pressing works great.