Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean

Welding image

Guest Sean

So here is my question having trouble when welding image so I have a customer who wants this decal pictured below the white one he wanted the deer welded into the boarder as seen in pic but he wanted find us on Facebook in blue so when I made that blue then welded the deer the image keeps turning black if I don’t weld it then it stays blue please help

EEAE6202-1F77-459F-BC88-9B87EFECF920.jpeg

AC3E3BB7-9E6D-4826-930D-66440B33F2FE.jpeg

6983D71C-9902-4991-BB7C-D8E4C8B5951D.jpeg

EEAE6202-1F77-459F-BC88-9B87EFECF920.jpeg

AC3E3BB7-9E6D-4826-930D-66440B33F2FE.jpeg

6983D71C-9902-4991-BB7C-D8E4C8B5951D.jpeg

When selecting items to weld only select the border and the deer, not the font.

I'm really not sure, I use Flexisign and in Flexisign I have to hold the shift key while I select with the mouse.

So tried to highlight just the border I can’t the works and the border is just an outline keep changing the color when welding???

Have you tried selecting the one you are having trouble with and then using the "break apart" to ungroup the object. I have VM Pro but am primarily an Adobe Illustrator design guy so my skills with VM are lacking. AI must be sort of like a reverse polish calculator and I seem to struggle with just about EVERY other design program as a result of being good with AI. I can fumble around in VM and overall I actually really like the program. Some of the nuances of creating the outlines and such are so totally different in workflow that I am not able to help you get there, sorry. Often grouped objects will behave differently and there could be some issue there. My guess is at some point in the creation of the design you have went about something that is now causing a problem. I typed out some text and added an outline then drew a circle and was easily able to weld the circle to just the outline without effecting the original text so I can't recreate the issue you are describing which was my plan to see if I could help you figure it out. If the file is small enough maybe post it and I will try to mess with your file and see if I can decipher what's going on. Again VM is not my strong point and I keep telling myself that one of these slow months I will set down and get proficient with it but have yet to have a slow moment.  

What version of Vinyl Master do you have? IF it's Pro or higher it's a totally awesome program. Illustrator is a whole other can of worms and will still need a program like VM to be able to cut so while I definitely am a proponent of AI it is not for the faint of heart. I run on a mac most of the time so I can't run VM or Flexi so it is expedient for me to use AI anyway. If I were new to cutting and ran on windows I don't think there is a better value in bang for the buck than the VM Pro set-up. It seems to be fully capable of handling all the AO and CDR files that you might get thrown at you during interactions with clients and has all the best design tools that the top level programs have including a few that are easier to utilize than my trusted AI like a true block shadow. 

6 hours ago, Seanp said:

Ya I got pro

You don't need Illustrator just some practice time. In a year (if you stick to it) you will be so far past these kids of things you will wonder why it seemed so hard to do.

I’m trying lol I have the vinylmaster cut b fore but didn’t have many options but I’m learning slowly 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this