TXDecalWerx

Vinyl length prior to cutting design...

I am having issues getting my machine set up correctly. If your design is 11" long, do you have to pre spool 11-12' of vinyl prior to starting your cut?  I included a picture where  spooled out 11" of vinyl prior to cutting my design and i ended up not even cutting in the first 11" . When I dont spool out the vinyl prior to cutting it will actually cut into the machine due to it pulling the vinyl backwards. How much vinyl should I have pulled out past the cut head prior to beginning my cut?  Also, once my design is done, and if I want to cut another design the machine will feed the vinyl back and start cutting the new design over the first design. 

IMG_1468.JPG

what people are talking about when pre spooling is to pull that much slack off the roll in the back of the machine so the plotter doesn't have to pull off of the roll as that can cause poor cuts - - - - not pre spooling out the front as that waste vinyl :/

So my vinyl can be a few inches past the cutter and the machine will feed vinyl as it cuts until it has finished the correct design?

I will have more time this weekend to play with the set up some more. 

Set the ORIGIN wherever you want (or the reset button to bring the carriage Home) each and every time you begin a cut. You don't need more than 1/2-centimeter (not a few inches) of vinyl  extending forward beyond the ORIGIN blade position.

yes. WIth MH cutters it's also recommend you cycle power to clear the memory. I have a MH and I personally have not had to do that but others have reported that they do.

I have found recently the machine will be cutting and near the end of the cut it will unspool it self. It is moving so much vinyl around during the cut it will just pull all the vinyl out and keep cutting on the cut strip until I can abort the design.