Jason's Workshop

American Flag Cornhole Boards

Just finishing up this set of Cornhole Boards. This is my design. I didn't grab it off the net but plenty out there. It was a PAIN to cut. Probably set it to cutter 8 times. Every time it would stop cuttting about 3/4 of the way through the job. Finally had to cut it in 2 section and tape together. Then used that as a template to stain my boards.

Flag Pledge Pic with Jason's workshop on top.jpg

• Like 4

Hate to be the bad guy, but the stars are supposed to be on the upper LEFT side corner, no matter whether the flag is hanging horizontal or vertical....other than that, it's very cool

Why do the military patches have the stars on the upper right corner?

I think if the board was cut with the stars in the upper left, it seem like you're looking at the back of the flag.

Looks good, but I'm torn on orientation. While playing the game the flag would appear vertical to you so the stars should be on the other side. But with the wording on there it's clear that the flag is to be normal.

regarding the military patches, it depends on which arm the patch is on as to the orientation of the stars. The stars are always facing forward on the body, just like on a vehicle, they should always be towards the front of the vehicle. Also, when the body is concerned, the stars are suppose to be closest to the heart, so if the flag is vertical on the front of the shirt, the stars would actually be on the right.

TYPICALLY, when the flag is in use or in a photo, the flag is supposed to have the stars on the left upper corner.  As far as the uniforms go, the flag is flying as if the military member is walking  forward, while carrying it on a pole.  This signifies advancement, not retreat.   Other than that, they look awesome.  Sorry to be the bad guy....

Interesting note I just came across, there is no US code specifying how the flag should be displayed on a uniform. However, the US military does mandate that the stars are always forward.