Sign in to follow this  
hiltie0427

CE6000-60 Won't Stop Feeding Media Forward

I am using my new CE6000-60 + Graphtec Studio to print and cut stickers. Everything has been working wonderfully, until last Friday. I am not sure what changed, but now no matter what I choose (Roll 1, Roll 2 or Sheet) my Graphtec just continuously feeds media forward until I lift the lever or pause the machine. I ran a diagnostic and it looks like the front media sensor is not working. I put in a phone call to Graphtec on on Friday morning (had to leave a message) and have yet to hear back from them. Are they normally this slow to respond? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Quick fix....turn the media sensors off.    I turned mine off day 1 and never looked back.  I turned off media sensors and pinch roller sensors. 

Or  wipe around the area of the back sensor,  maybe use canned air. 

Yea, it only allows for you to leave a message. Tried call 5 times already hoping it would put me through, but nope. :( Well, thanks for your help. I was so excited to get a Graphtec and now I'm thinking I should have gone with something else. It's only a few month old for crying out loud.

No,,,, Graphtecs are great..  Any electronics can fail..  Don't give up on them.  Many people on here own Graphtecs.   As do I. 

Did you try putting something dark over the sensor? Dark Tape.  Black vinyl reversed, with the backing paper on it.    

Well, finally heard from a super nice guy at Graphtec. Diagnostics showed that the front sensor was not working, so they had me swap it out with the back sensor to make sure that was the issue. Switched them out and sure enough that was it. They are sending a replacement for the back sensor. BUT I still can't cut. :( Because the back sensor is not working, I had to disable the sensors and unless I am mistaken you can't cut using registration marks with the sensors disabled? At least I can't figure out how to. If anyone has any advice I am wide open...

Yes, Skeeter... I know they are awesome, I'm just crabby I suppose. I upgraded from running 5 crappy Silhouettes. It just super frustrating when your lively hood depends on a machine working properly and it doesn't. Hopefully the replacement sensor comes quickly.

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

did make sure the optical sensor is not dirty and unable to read?

The optical sensor is under the carriage next to the blade, right? I cleaned under there the best I could with a q-tip.??? Is there a better way to get at it?

Ran into this issue myself this morning. I had hoped to run a diagnostic but could not get in to the menu to start it. The vinyl plotter is pretty crucial to my job (graphics @ IKEA) but I don't think I really have the time to be troubleshooting with the rest of my workload. I put in a notice to our IT Services but I'm not holding my breath with that. Does Graphtec have folks that do service calls or am I pretty much on my own? Thanks for any info!

So what happened that got you to this?   Just out of the blue or what?  Make sure the sensors can read the vinyl.  Hopefully your not using sheet for roll.   Try a factory reset,  Hold down the up arrow while turning on the power.   Graphtec tech number  is posted above. 

Nothing unusual. Worked fine on Friday and turned on this morning and it would not read a roll, just keeps feeding out. I did manage to cut some stuff using the sheet option so at least I can get by for now. I can def try the factory reset, will that disturb anything else of importance? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Michael Dahill said:

Nothing unusual. Worked fine on Friday and turned on this morning and it would not read a roll, just keeps feeding out. I did manage to cut some stuff using the sheet option so at least I can get by for now. I can def try the factory reset, will that disturb anything else of importance? Thanks!

make sure both front and back sensors are clean - little windows on the right side of plotter as I recall (not near mine at moment

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

make sure both front and back sensors are clean - little windows on the right side of plotter as I recall (not near mine at moment - usually we get this with new users that select sheet so it is searching for the end of the sheet)

I used air to blow off any debris or dust but the problem has continued. No time today but will try diagnostic mode again as well as factory reset later this week and see how that goes. Thanks!