Bmfshott

MH 365 - MK2 Cutter Problem! Help!

I have a MH 365 - MK2, which either from the start or midway through a job will stop, click and say test and reset itself.  Just started doing it this week after about 2 years of no issues

It will periodically work fine, then the next cut do this. I've included a video of what its doing. Seems to be once it gets to the one side it causes it to "test". 

Anyone had this problem and know the solution? 

IMG_5152.MOV

First guess would be static, although this is not the usual static problem. Does it do it if you use pen and paper?

Ok no pen,   so lift the blade holder up so that the blade is not touching the vinyl, and see it it still does it. Run the design again.   That could tell if it is static or other problems.

Yes,   static comes from the vinyl, thru the blade,  and to the carriage head.   You won't get static with a pen or paper. 

Any ways to eliminate or elevate the static? It's never done this in 2 years. Also thank you for replying and help me trouble shoot this problem.

Cutter starting acting up at my busiest time of year

Spray the area with Static Guard.  rub the vinyl with a dryer sheet.    If your that busy, time for an upgrade to a better cutter. 

It may need a new motherboard also..  

Will do! I was hoping it was a common problem and someone knew the exact cause. If it doesnt work i'll end up buying another one and using this one for "parts" 

So update, used a dryer sheet on the vinyl, didn't have an static guard, but tried the pen out and it still did it. Mid cut goes to test mode, then I tried it several times are went right to test, then half it and back to test. :(

Yeah I tried wiggling it while it was cutting to see if that's what causes it but doesn't. Seems to work 1 out of every 12 tries I try to cut. Just gonna order the titan 15" tomorrow.

if anyone is looking for a parts one or a fix job let me know I'll let it go for cheap.

But now it just worked for 4 large cuts haha I dunno, I just don't know what would make it kick into test mode all of a sudden.. may not be a common issue I guess 

after 2 years you are probably going to keep doing vinyl at this point - time anyways to move up a notch - titan is very solid unit from the one I had to the many people on here that use them daily - I know BannerJohn and Pippin both use Titans a lot

I took the top panel off last night and tried connecting everything and pushed in all the connections. Then it worked for a few cuts and I called it a night. So going to see if it acts up again today, going to order the Titan today anyway, just have to convince one of my american friends to order it for me. Not a big fan of not being able to order US Cutter stuff in Canada without a minimum $1000 order and a wire transfer....