Live Wire

Hello from Mid-Michigan

Sorry I posted this in the wrong topic earlier. I am a retired electrician due to a severe injury. I would consider myself a 2nd year apprentice in this industry, purchased a titan 2 and a clamshell heat press. Not top of the line equipment, I just needed something to keep me busy and try out to see if I would be capable of doing this. I really enjoy this and there are endless possibilities in this business. Now that I have a year under my belt it will soon be time to upgrade my equipment.

I would like to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the admins and contributors who make this forum awesome. Also with the help of this forum I was able to produce what I wanted right off the bat, thanks again. I will be posting some of my designs in the graphics section for all to use. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Welcome!  (A former ionia boy here)

hold on did you live there or did you "reside there"?    LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

hold on did you live there or did you "reside there"?    LOL

I lived there from 6th grade (1986) until 1994...my family is still there, as is my wife’s family.  The only way people know of ionia is if they are huge fans of the worlds largest free fair, or...um...they have family that “resides” there!  At one point we had 7 correctional institutions within 15 miles of the city, most within 5...

in my travels around the US, I have had several people who knew of ionia...none knew it has the worlds largest free fair 

• Like 2

I don't know which is scarier. 7 correctional institutions or a town full of carnies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildgoose said:

I don't know which is scarier. 7 correctional institutions or a town full of carnies. 

releasing about 16 prisons full of inmates to reduce cost is scarier than having the state operated prisons with a great track record :)  what used to be level 3-4 are now housed in open dorm level 2 prisons.  No doors, no locks, just one officer with 120 prisoners with a radio :)  first shift wakes them up and feeds them twice as they get wound up 2 nd shift takes over with supper and all activities (yard and weight pit are big) and then an hour before shift change you bring them all back in where the personalities clash  - then midnights is a blast :/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I couldn’t decide either...so I left as soon as I could!  Then I had many friends who decided a life of a correctional officer was a good choice... but like G Gordon Liddy said, “those types of people who voluntarily put themselves in prison for a living are not right!”

Edited by MrJoel
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really like G Gordon. He came to town on tour a number of years back and my father-in-law and I went and saw him. Quite a character. 

Now understand that I do really appreciate the guys who endure what prisoners are allowed to get away with these days, it’s not their fault the politicians and judges let it get how it is.

• Like 1