Titan 2 53" - The issues...

1- Sometimes says it cannot find port. I restart pc and then it'll cut.

2- Sometimes it'll stop cutting in the middle of a graphic. Blade stays down on vinyl until I turn cutter power off. Turn power back on and blade raises up.

3- Started cutting words/letters offset from the word/letter beside it. 

4- Blade stopped dropping down to vinyl. Runs through the motions as if it were cutting but blade never drops down.

It started doing this about 4-5 months ago and read that it needed another ground. Put that on and didn't help. Read that something on the motherboard went out. Spent $250 on a new motherboard and it worked fine until now. Doing everything over again. I'm not spending another $250 for another motherboard. I called USCutter tech and they won't talk to me since I didn't purchase it from them originally. Which I think that is B.S.! I've spent a lot of money with them in the last few months. Anybody have any ideas? This cutter pays my bills and is out of commission right now.

never heard of an extra ground needed on a titan - must be you read that on another forum??   although we have seen a couple of issues the titans have been pretty reliable so for 2 mainboards to go out is suspicious in itself . . . . do you have it on a surge suppressor?     Since you are doing this to pay the bills I would get a graphtec personally - more money but rock solid like the roland plotters are too.
  was your titan2 53" one of those that only had rollers every 15" ?   never did see then get anymore in after that container load that was built to the wrong specs

Yes it's plugged into a surge protector. Forgot to mention in original post that I am using a keyspan adapter trying to stop the port issue but that didn't make a difference.

Ok    but your cutter already have a TRUE USB. connection.   That Tripplite is mostly to help with the cheap Chinese value cutters.   Those are not True USB.  

Try contacting Saga  for tech support.  The Titan is a rebranded Saga.vinyl cutter.    UScutter, doesn't owe you support for the cutter. 

http://www.sagacnc.us/

I was using usb to usb for a while. When the stop cutting mid way and not seeing the port started happening i got the keyspan to see if that made a difference. It didnt. 

Have you tried using a different software?  Maybe it is driver problems or a glitch in the software, causing you problems. 

VinylMaster Demo allows cutting or saving? I seem to recall the Demo/Trial version had those disabled, but I could be wrong.

SignBlazer is an alternative software that'll work.  Try using Copam driver for Titan.

Use the USB port,Its the best.. I have the titan 2 28" .. And you dont need another ground on that cutter. Sounds like you bought a used unit? Since you had to buy a new motherboard? If it was used, there could of been issues before with it from previous owner if true..or you are the original owner and warranty ran out.

For the usb port issue. Sounds like a bad connection. I thought mine was acting up once and it was the cable. What length of cable are you running to your Pc etc?

Yes I bought it used. It worked perfect for 6 months before it started messing up. Replaced motherboard and worked perfect for a little while, not long. Now doing the same thing. It's going through the motions of cutting but the blade won't drop down to the vinyl. Same as before the new motherboard. 

That sounds like the z-axis chip has gone bad. I believe you can replace just the chip for a buck or two, as long as you are comfortable with soldering.

I do not, and actually I was recalling old post that after thinking about it I believe were talking about the MH or SC cutters. Someone else might be able to shed some light of the possibility of replacing the z-axis chip on a titan.