Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

cleancut blades

yup about 10 months now and just ordered a new set for both cutters - not cutting bad yet but just starting to give the hint of nearing the end - I remember the old days when I used the blades we got off of ebay for 5 backs for a few bucks and changed blades and adjusted all the time  - nope don't miss those days at all as I like to just go to the graphtec or roland and just get a job done without messing around even after a vacation :)     Huge thanks to Cleancut Blades for making this product 

for extra life take the blade that has been used for 10 months in the regular holder and place it in your "reflectives/metallics" holder as you don't cut as fine of detail and get lots more use out of that same blade.  If a newbie getting your first cleancut make sure you start with too little blade exposure and reduce your pressure about 40 percent before installing so you don't cut thru the backing - part of the cleancut story is they use a fine grained carbide that is very strong and sharp - the trade off is they are not as forgiving if you abuse them like cutting into your cutting strip and breaking a tip on the turns or dropping them on a hard surface is unforgiving.  I will take that for a blade that I get that kind of life out of and have for aobut 7+ years since an old timer told me about them

uscutter now has them in the original packaging and not rebranded  - less confusion

http://shop.uscutter.com/search?w=Clean Cut 

• Like 1

Good to know they have them in original packaging because I was unsure of that myself. 

All you uninitiated folks take special heed of Dakota's pressure warning because you will seriously hack up your first cut if you don't. (An possibly damage that brand new tip) Drop your pressure by about half and then work back into it with test cuts. Dramatic difference compared to stock blades in a value cutter. 

• Like 2

Just ordered some of these. Hoping for the best.

For us Canadian customers, he is working on a Canadian distributor. Great stuff. Hope it saves on that cross border shipping.

• Like 1

make sure to reduce your pressure 40 percent before inserting new blade and start with too little blade working your way up - fine grained carbide last longer but trade off is is more brittle so susceptible to breaking a tip off if you cut thru into the cutting strip and blade turns - doesn't happen much but when we read about people having trouble that is usually what it is.    I actually broke a tip on my laminate blade holder last month but blade was about 10 months old anyways - think I hit it on something when switching out blade holders

Yup, got the pressure thing in my head. Probably be a week or 2 before I get them. Bit of playing around is already in the books.

• Like 1