christyz78

Is there a maximum cut length?

Is there a maximum length for a cut (I have the Laserpoint II)? I want to cut some border designs for a room. Didn't know if I could cut it at 144" or if I need to cut several smaller sections. Anyone know?

This is what is posted for specs on the cutter..  But memory can also determine cutting length.  

Maximum Cut Length15 feet

Don't know how long you have had your cutter but you may find that it off tracks a bit when trying to go really long runs. Don't know what designs you have planned but most often you can do things in handy sections. You may find it easier to apply as well as to pre-mask in smaller runs. If you do need to cut it in sections remember to allow for some overlap of the vinyl a little. 1/4" is usually a good amount. Some cutting programs will do this automatically (usually referred to as "Tiling")

• Like 1

Thank you both!!

Ive had the cutter for over 3 years, 72" is the longest ive ever cut before, which is why I ask. It's just a wave pattern for a room border. It might be easier for the person to install in smaller sections anyways. Thanks for your recommendations! (And I definitely agree that it off tracks a bit on long cuts!)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1