rebjr

BLADE ADJUSTMENT FOR LP 24

An y easy advice on setting up the blade depth, etc., for the LP24? Enquiring mindless needs to know ;-)

I take the blade holder out of the carriage. I adjust it using a scrap piece of vinyl. Tighten the cap until very little blade is sticking out. Run it across your scrap vinyl by hand using light pressure. If it doesn't cut though the vinyl all the way tighten the cap some more. If it cuts into the backing paper loosen the cap. The blade should be just sticking out of the holder a little more than the thickness of the vinyl. The attached instruction document if from the new Graphtec plotter that USCutter sells.

Blade.doc

Jay,

I must have a different blade holder than you do. Mine is a plastic barrel, in order to get less blade showing I have to untighten the knurled knob. Turning it outwards covers more of the blade, tightening it exposes more of the blade. I guess I'll play it by ear, gonna try to cut some stuff today. Thanks for the response anyway.

That's ok, Jay. Everything I thought I had read said what you said. And the funky pic in the doc doesn't look anything like mine. Anyway, I eyeballed it, locked it in, and cut my first 2 signs. Small hours of operations for the shop I hang out at .. just to show him how it works.

The LP cut the 1/2 letters perfectly and I used Fellars house brand vinyl and it weeded like a dream. First signs I have done in vinyl since I sold my rolands about 10 or 12 years ago. Just like riding a bicycle. ;-)

Now off to contour cut, my LP's true purpose.

The LP cut the 1/2 letters perfectly and I used Fellars house brand vinyl and it weeded like a dream.

Which kind of vinyl are you referring to?

I was thinking of getting some fellers vinyl was it any good?

I have cut avery and arlon, i got some fellers shinerite, and man that stuff weeded so sweet. i 'm sold. i mean it weeded so nice we thought we had mess up something, but every thing stay in place.  :thumbsup:

I was thinking of getting some fellers vinyl was it any good?

I have cut avery and arlon, i got some fellers shinerite, and man that stuff weeded so sweet. i 'm sold. i mean it weeded so nice we thought we had mess up something, but every thing stay in place.  :thumbsup:

I thought about trying that stuff, but wasn't sure how good it was.  Have you made any fine/detailed cuts with it?  I tried to make some detailed cuts on some sample Avery the other day, but it peeled up way too easy during cutting (does not stick to backing well enough).  The larger cuts were just fine, just the Avery could not handle the finer cuts at all.

I bought Fellers ShineBrite at 15" by 10 yards for $14.50 plus free freight after $75.00. It was referred by a good friend of many years and he didn't let me down. I've not cut vinyl in a dozen or more years, and my first small job, lot's of little 1/2" letters cut perfectly, iy was a joy in comparison to what I remember having gone thru many years back.

I am certain there are many good brands, this was just my experience with Fellers. They were courteous, helpful, and shipped on time. Being cheap and free freight helped a lot.

I have a LP 48 that i just got and I'm a bit concerned about how the blade holder fits into the cutting arm.  I feel like I'm going to break the plastic piece that the blade holder slides into on the plotter.  Am I doing something wrong?

~joe

I have a LP 48 that i just got and I'm a bit concerned about how the blade holder fits into the cutting arm.  I feel like I'm going to break the plastic piece that the blade holder slides into on the plotter.  Am I doing something wrong?

~joe

It won't break, it is just tight when the unit is brand new. Pry it open a bit with your fingers to get the puppy in there, and then you may need to inch it together a bit to get the carriage arm screw to catch and tighten.

I was worried about the same problem, occuring with the pen holder. The blade holder fit right in. The pen holder I hate to get a longer screw to tighten it up so it didn't push the pen back out, but it works just fine.