MarinaD

Good transfer tape to ship large decals

Hello,

I ship decals 22" x 22" and bigger all over the country. I used oratape and have noticed that it's very tough to pill it off, especially after some time. A lot of customers don't install decals immediately so they had a lot of trouble since vinyl won't transfer from backingonto transfer tape. I switched to R tape 4076 with RLA it's much easier to pill off the paper but lately customers started complaining more that vinyl stays on backing even though I check decals before sending them out and they work just fine. I understand that more I sell more chances I have to go across people who complains. But I was wondering if there is something better.  I use Oracal 631 and 651. 

Thank you

I use Main medium tack paper tape and I never have complaints.  Been using it for about 8 years    And my decals are a lot bigger than yours.  Maybe it's your instructions..Buyers should squeegee the transfer tape real good, then should be peeling the backing away from the decal,  NOT lifting the decal from the backing.  That will lift the tape from the decal and lift the backing paper also, and it can be stuck to the back of the decal. 

I use oracal 651,751 etc with  the greenstar med tack paper trans tape from uscutter. works perfect and never a issue from anyone in over 2 years .

I use some of the GS tape but mostly for smaller things. I have trouble with the edges on the GS. It seems that whatever process they use to cut the rolls tends to cause the edges to bunch up a little and not lay out as flat as other brands. Not a huge issue but if you use a Big Squeegee to apply wide widths it causes issues. R-Tape for me most of the time. Either 4075 or 4076 with RLA are my fav's and for the 631 I usually use the HT55 by Oratape which is specially formulated for the matte finish although the 4076 seems to perform ok too. I second Skeeters advice on proper technique getting the vinyl up off the carrier. This is a known characteristic of 651and a slight trade off with it's great cut and weed nature. 

Marina if you continue to fight this try out some 751. It's probably a little extreme for indoor work but there are no transfer issues at all with just about any tape.