GraphxNMore

I need the white out of this image - how to do it?

I'm using CS6. I know there's an easy way to do it. When I do a trace, it looks like crap. I need the black completely gone in case I need the "text" in a different color and on various color substrates in the future. Any direction is greatly appreciated.

SOS logo.jpg

You are doing an auto trace and they usually don't handle messy files well. Your best to figure out the font which in this case appears to be: Fette Fraktur LT Pro (Regular) and type out what you can then modify the rest or do a manual (hand trace) on the image. I almost never use the auto trace option and opt to trace it out manually. Takes a little practice but once mastered it's actually faster than doing an auto trace and spending time trying to clean it up. 

Several elements within this are custom drawn. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I was hoping I could use their file so everything would match.  No way I can match all the "antiquing". Lol

53 minutes ago, jep8fan said:

Thanks guys.  I was hoping I could use their file so everything would match.  No way I can match all the "antiquing". Lol

Unless this is shirt vinyl you would not get that splatter mess to cut and be usable anyway. Even with HTV a lot of the inner grunge will be a mess. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Unless this is shirt vinyl you would not get that splatter mess to cut and be usable anyway. Even with HTV a lot of the inner grunge will be a mess. 

Gonna do all sublimation or printed transfers. 

For both of those processes you don't specifically need a vector file, do you? Obviously a vector is better for scaling but a raster image can be made to work, correct?

At any rate, to answer your first question if you have photo shop you should be able to use the eyedropper tool to select and change colors in a raster image.

http://www.dummies.com/software/adobe/photoshop/photoshop-cs6-eyedropper-tool-lift-or-sample-color/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jep8fan said:

Gonna do all sublimation or printed transfers. 

Total game changer then. Can't you just invert the image in PS or Gimp and have a black on white? 

21 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Here is an inverted version. 

Inverted.png

Sweet. I tried gimp once, I think it's actually still on our dinosaur PC. LOL I'll give this a try.  Much appreciated.