icepic13

Cutting Random lines really need assistance PLEASE!

Hello Everyone I have a MH871 that is really starting to aggravate me it is randomly cutting lines that are not supposed to be there any advice would be helpful PLEASE!

Is the cutter grounded to the stand? Static has been known to cause random cuts.

Are you using the USB connection? The usb ports on these cutters can be flaky sometimes.  Try a "Triplite Keyspan " adapter and the "Null Modem" serial cable that came with the cutter.

It was not grounded but after research I grounded it, do not have access to a triplite keyspan, is there a way to eliminate the static?

Some people use dryer sheets , and wipe the vinyl.  Put a dryer sheet in the vinyl roll,  Spray Static Guard,  Run a humidifier....

Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapters  are available to purchase online.  That is the brand name.. Don't go buy some other brand thinking it will work.  It will not.  Tripp-Lite is the only 1 that will work with a vinyl cutter. 

I live in Florida and do my cutting in my garage so I don't think a humidifier would help as it is high humidity here all the time lol, I have tried using a dryer sheet already (found out about that in my research) I will find a tripp lite,

I  did run plain paper through the plotter with the pen attachment and it still did the lines any suggestions?

Post your file and let someone look at it...As long as it is not a copyrighted design. Maybe a stray node somewhere.   Or look yourself.  Put the file on wire frame and zoom it up real big and look at it. Does it do it the same place all the time? 

it is putting the extra lines at different points randomly I do not believe a stray node would be the culprit but do not know for sure.

Thank you

beach life.jpg

If it does the problem with paper and pen then static is not the source of the problem. Grounding the stand to the cutter should take care of any static problems anyway.

Does your computer by chance have a serial port? If so you can use that and the null mode cable and not worry about the Tripp Lite thing at all.