MrJoel

Fidget spinner template

Hey y'all, got a hands on project coming up for a group of guys and gals with Down Syndrome (my little guys both have DS too).  Fidget spinners are all the rage at our local advocacy and training center so, hands on wrapping is what we will be doing.  I suck at design so any help for the standard 3 sided spinners would help 

thanks

Your best bet here is probably to get the spinners you're going to use first, and then take a photo of one next to a scale of known distance so the image can be resized.  From there you can make a template for your specific spinner.  That way you know for sure it will work.

• Like 1

I have also cut a paper template and then scanned it in. (Also requires having one in hand). I did this for a Wii remote and it worked pretty good. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 9:19 AM, MrJoel said:

Hey y'all, got a hands on project coming up for a group of guys and gals with Down Syndrome (my little guys both have DS too).  Fidget spinners are all the rage at our local advocacy and training center so, hands on wrapping is what we will be doing.  I suck at design so any help for the standard 3 sided spinners would help 

thanks

If you can get me a photo of one that your going to use and the measurements i will see what i can do to help, but you will need to do some leg work first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

If you can get me a photo of one that your going to use and the measurements i will see what i can do to help, but you will need to do some leg work first.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase the spinners today.  I was playi around with the trace feature in SCAL pro4 and I think I can get it...I'll give ya a Hollar if I get stuck.  Thanks Primal for your continuous contributions and offers for help!  You rock man

No problem bud.What you can do is get one and scan it on a printer as color and then you have a image for tracing etc. Or you can scan it as high res and send me the image and i can go from that as starters. You can also try vector magic as well. Which i prefer to use over scalps trace program,I havent taken the time to learn the trace in scalps yet lol... But i really like vector magics outcome a lot.