Sign in to follow this  
HumanTech

Application/Transfer Tape

Hello! I am green as it gets, and am looking for some recommendations from the forum. I am just getting started with vinyl for vehicles ans signage, and have a few questions.

Is there a real difference between 3M 7125, and Oracle 751 (other than price)?

What is the proper or recommended application/transfer tape for this type of vinyl. Again, it will be primarily vehicle and signage.

Thank you all in advance!!

I have never used the 7125. The 751 is a great high performance vinyl and is easy to work with. Looks to be similar in spec with the 3M. I have used Gerber/3M 220/225 vinyl that is basically on the same level as the Oracal/Orafol 951. The Gerber/3M costs more but my local supplier has it on hand when I don't have enough warning to order it in through USCutter. 

I like the R-Tape with RLA and prefer the higher tack version 4076 vs the 4075 just due to it's ability to pick small pieces up off the carrier consistently. They are both good IMO. I avoid the clear tape although I have a 10" roll of Clear Choice AT65 that I keep around for the occasional craft mom who want to see her decals through the app tape. For my personal application it's almost always paper.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I have never used the 7125. The 751 is a great high performance vinyl and is easy to work with. Looks to be similar in spec with the 3M. I have used Gerber/3M 220/225 vinyl that is basically on the same level as the Oracal/Orafol 951. The Gerber/3M costs more but my local supplier has it on hand when I don't have enough warning to order it in through USCutter. 

I like the R-Tape with RLA and prefer the higher tack version 4076 vs the 4075 just due to it's ability to pick small pieces up off the carrier consistently. They are both good IMO. I avoid the clear tape although I have a 10" roll of Clear Choice AT65 that I keep around for the occasional craft mom who want to see her decals through the app tape. For my personal application it's almost always paper.   

Thanks!