wideopen

Can someone help me out

My Computer that had all my editing software Crashed, think I lost about everything??? I haven't had a chance to repair it yet.

I am a hobby, when I get to it cutter. Can someone help me out with this? Its a favor for a buddy. .Thanks in Advance.

jce logo.jpg

Inkscape.org is free vector and design software. ...As a rule you don't vector fonts as they won't be crisp and clean.   You find the font and recreate it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting this converting this as a favor, I'm not actually cutting it. All I have at the current moment is a work computer that I can't load software on. I will be building/replacing my o;d computer in the near future.

That logo is copyrighted/trademarked..    That logo belongs to a business.  Showing far right on this car.    Copyrighted/trademarked material is not allowed on the forum. 

17 minutes ago, wideopen said:

Yes you are correct,, it belongs to the guy I am trying to help get this done.

He should have the Vector file of it then, ask him

• Like 1

While I agree wholeheartedly with the rest, I can't begin to count all the clients that I have had who don't have their files. Either they never knew enough to ask for them, didn't pay the original designer or lost them somewhere. Most times the significance of a true vector file is lost on 90% of the general population.

On the devils advocate side, this company obviously has someone doing their work to be showing up on race cars etc... so it doesn't exactly pass the smell test.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the rest, I can't begin to count all the clients that I have had who don't have their files. Either they never knew enough to ask for them, didn't pay the original designer or lost them somewhere. Most times the significance of a true vector file is lost on 90% of the general population.

On the devils advocate side, this company obviously has someone doing their work to be showing up on race cars etc... so it doesn't exactly pass the smell test.  

OR they deleted those files cause they "couldn't open them!"

so they were worthless.

It is 100% legit, I don't know who he had do the work, I am just trying to help him out.

I don't know what the circumstance is with the original file? Jim Cooper owns the company and ask if I could help him out.

I would appreciate any help with this...Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, wideopen said:

It is 100% legit, I don't know who he had do the work, I am just trying to help him out.

I don't know what the circumstance is with the original file? Jim Cooper owns the company and ask if I could help him out.

read this thread and it will tell you why the old timers are cautious 

2 hours ago, wideopen said:

It might be legit to you,,,but it is against forum rules.  BY USCUTTER.  Your in "their" house, "their" rules. . There are many designers out there that can help you for a small fee. And they take responsibility for the file... If someone wanted to help you  they could have PMed you.  But don't expect someone to tarnish their reputation, by helping with a copyrighted design...We have a rep and businesses to run... My 2c

UScutter wrote this:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/40038-posting-copyrighted-content-not-even-once/

So Jim Cooper, makes quite a bit on his biz,  why can't he "hire" someone to do his work?  That's a tax write off. expense.  It is his property after all..

2 hours ago, wideopen said:

Here is my help for you.   William is a forum member and does great work and reasonable. Many forum members on here have hired William for their vector projects.    

http://excaliburcreations.com/

Honestly that design is about as simple as you're going to get and a great place to start learning the craft. If you have a cutter you will need these skills anyway so why not take a moment and figure it out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Honestly that design is about as simple as you're going to get and a great place to start learning the craft. If you have a cutter you will need these skills anyway so why not take a moment and figure it out. 

I was thinking the same thing......